Executive Assistant to the VP of Digital Operations
Reporting to the Vice President of Digital Operations in Digital Strategy and Membership, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. S/he is also responsible for providing operational support to the Digital Operations department a 40+ person team, with general administrative tasks critical for the team’s success. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a fast-paced environment that is mission-driven and results-oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. S/he must be able to work under pressure, managing a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Writes error-free, eloquent emails and letters for various events and announcements.
• Provides a bridge for smooth communication between Digital Operations and other internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff
• Provide support in editing and proofing Powerpoint presentations
• Plans, coordinates and ensures the VP’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for access to executive’s time and office.
• Ensure that VP is prepared for meetings by coordinating and providing materials for review in advance.
• Works closely and effectively with the VP, to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the VP updated.
Events and Meetings
• Takes notes and distributes meeting minutes, agendas and meeting packages.
• Sets-up staff meetings, maintains electronic staff calendars and organizes team events.
• Prepares for meetings including ordering lunch, booking conference rooms, setting up projector or video conferencing units.
• Supports Digital Operations leader in scheduling meetings that require coordination across many stakeholders.
• Provides travel arrangements for VP and other leaders on the team
• Becomes familiar with the specific, detailed needs of the VP and travel partners; creates consistent travel itinerary portfolios for reference and be available during travel times to quickly address any last minute changes or cancellations.
• Must be proactive in understanding – and adhering to – all travel policies and procedures.
Expenses and Budgeting
• Accurately tracks expenses for VP by managing expenses and receipts. Processes and submits receipts accurately and on schedule.
• Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, vendors, and other external partners
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
• Emotional maturity
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of client service and response
• Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's degree required
• Strong work tenure: 5 to 10 years of experience supporting executive level staff (VP and above)
• Expert in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), and Adobe Acrobat