Do you have 5 to 10 years of experience supporting executive level staff as an Executive Assistant? Do you want to work for one the most innovative digital teams at one of the nations largest nonprofits in DC? THEN WE WANT YOU!!! Our client has an immediate need for a Senior. Executive Assistant to the SVP of Digital Marketing.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Marketing, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. S/he is also responsible for overseeing the operations of the Marketing department, a 65+ person team, with general administrative tasks critical for the team’s success. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a fast-paced environment that is mission-driven and results-oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. S/he must be able to work under pressure, managing a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Writes error-free, eloquent emails and letters for various events and announcements.
• Provides a bridge for smooth communication between Digital Marketing and other internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff
• Ensures that the SVP bio is kept updated – for press and speaking engagements – and responds to requests for materials regarding the SVP
• Plans, coordinates and ensures the SVP’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for access executive’s time and office.
• Works closely and effectively with the SVP, to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the President updated.
Events and Meetings
• Takes notes and distributes meeting minutes, agendas and meeting packages.
• Sets-up staff meetings, maintains electronic staff calendars and organizes team events.
• Prepares for meetings including ordering lunch, booking conference rooms, setting up projector or video conferencing units.
• Provides travel arrangements for SVP and other leaders on the team; sometimes handling complex travel scenarios.
• Becomes familiar with the specific, detailed needs of the SVP and travel partners; creates consistent travel itinerary portfolios for reference and be available during travel times to quickly address any last minute changes or cancellations.
• Must be proactive in understanding – and adhering to – all travel policies and procedures.
Expenses and Budgeting
• Accurately tracks expenses for CEO by managing credit cards and receipts. Processes and submits receipts accurately and on schedule.
Onboarding and Coordination
• Acts as a liaison with outsourced IT consultant on all technology-related issues, including rapidly responding to staff problems and network outages.
• Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
• Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, vendors, and other external partners
• Expert level written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
• Emotional maturity
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of client service and response
• Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's degree required
• Strong work tenure: five to 10 years of experience supporting executive level staff (VP and above)
• Expert in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social