As a Senior Director, UX and Visual Design you are responsible for the creative output of all web sites, with oversight of the design team and design processes; the ideation, presentation and execution of new features and improvement of existing ones; the operational readiness of the creative team, all in fulfillment of our brand promise. Provide art and design leadership and support to product development efforts.
- Oversee and assist with the documentation of Visual User Interface Style and Process Guidelines.
- Manage visual design implementation, collaborating with internal and external resources.
- Ensure new user experiences are produced at standards that uphold/elevate the company's brand identity.
- Lead, guide and build team of incredibly talented designers
- Leads team in providing design from concept through project execution, including user stories, wireframes, prototypes, design specifications, and final designs.
- Understands and applies user centered design best practices and techniques.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- 7+ years of experience as user experience professional
- Experience working on large scale (10MM+) consumer-facing web sites.
- Must be skilled with Adobe Creative Suite, Visio and MS Office tools.
Desired Characteristics & Fit
- Experience building mobile solutions a plus.
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS and web design tools is a strong plus
- Not looking for an artist - not looking for big ego
- Practical dreamer - can bring them to next level in sensible way
- Get excited when the person is slightly crazy, and willing to take a risk.