Job Title: Sr Director, Product Management
Our web publisher client is looking to start a Sr Director, Product Management in their NYC office.
This is a permanent placement.
Role will innovate and product manage the commercial product experience across all Consumer websites. Additionally, this senior leader will help define and execute the larger Commercial Product roadmap that supports our client’s ability to sell and deliver sponsorships, including finding and negotiating with vendors, working on templates / frameworks, reporting on its success, continuing to innovate where needed, and working with the Product Marketing, Editorial and production teams to execute.
This Senior Director will lead and mentor a team of product managers dedicated to designing and operationalizing new commercial products and revenue delivery channels on the public consumer portals while at the same time optimizing current product suites in collaboration with senior business, marketing, sales, finance, operations, and technology leaders.
*This is a newly created role and this leadership position will manage a small team of Product Managers and Sr Product Managers.
* This role will focus on pre / post sales engineering, working closely with sales team and acting as a subject matter expert for Product Management team to work with sales team on new opportunities.
• Lead the development of new commercial products, features and enhancements across the digital display, video, newsletter and other emerging product portfolios
• Inform the larger Consumer Commercial strategy with business and finance executives that directly support campaign delivery, increased deal size and capacity, and increased user engagement
• Innovate on product features that intend to increase sponsorship performance and value, including topics such as viewability, user engagement, client value, ROI conversion, and other key value measures
• Plan strategy and execute initiatives across the Consumer Commercial Product roadmap
• Innovate on data driven marketing features that will introduce new revenue streams derived from the value of WebMD first party data and our clients
• Establish a test, metrics, and learn oriented approach to accelerate delivery and ongoing improvements that improve our customer and end user ad experiences and interactions
• Drive internal decisions that best balance editorial, user, and brand needs against client, yield, and ad experience needs across the various sites
• Communicate status and advocate for commercial product team and roadmaps to the C-Suite along with senior executives from sales, marketing, and finance
• Closely follow all emerging industry trends particularly in mobile, video, social and user engagement
• Drive prioritization and execution methodology for the business working with internal stakeholders, regularly using feedback, metrics, market trends, and competitive analysis to help create premium ad products and features that deliver value to clients and users
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, Technology, or a related degree or a total of 16 years of business experience
• 12+ years managing digital products – preferably for a major media company, agency, or consultant group
• 4+ years directly managing teams to define and execute product-related initiatives with proven record of coaching and mentorship
• 5+ years proven track record of creating and delivering on strategic roadmap initiatives / client campaigns
• Execution focused with a demonstrated track record of getting things done in fast-paced environments
• Demonstrated success in creating and innovating online products
• Must be a creative thinker with the ability to develop customized sales solutions based on clients’ needs
• A strong grasp of online business models, digital media, and user interfaces
• Excels in an entrepreneurial sales environment and can be a brand champion, data expert, as well as a client consultant
• Ability to learn quickly and work effectively across multiple departments to accomplish goals
• Ability to establish strong, productive and collaborative internal relationships with business and sales leaders, engineering leaders and organization executives
• Ability to be a passionate advocate for our products, our editorial integrity, and our client value
• Exceptional communication skills to executive, business and technology leaders
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Job Title: Sr Director, Product Management