Our large financial services client located in NYC is seeking a Senior Digital Designer to join their User Experience design team. This is the ideal role for a driven, talented, hands-on designer, who can think strategically and operate independently. Are you ready to join an industry-leading team of UX strategists, product managers, and creatives?
The Senior Digital Designer will be responsible for bringing the brand to life through visual storytelling and their ability to concept and create best-in-class digital products. They must be able to solve complex user experience problems through visual design while keeping business and user goals in mind. The Senior Digital Designer will be integral in shaping how they present content to users across all digital mediums by ensuring a premium look-and-feel across all channels.
This role requires a deep understanding of digital best practices, mobile design standards, typography, photography, layout, and color theory. We’re looking for a well-rounded designer who is just as comfortable at the whiteboard as they are at their computer producing high-fidelity designs.
• Design intuitive and elegant user experiences for all digital properties. This includes the design of custom landing pages, interactive charts, mobile apps, infographics, promotional graphics, informational web content, and email templates
• Design branded content to support strategic marketing campaigns
• Ensure that style and design standards are being met on all digital properties
• BA/BFA in digital design, or equivalent combination of experience and education
• 5-7 years of experience working exclusively in digital in a marketing department, an agency, or a media company
• Advanced software knowledge with Adobe Suite, Sketch and InVision
• A strong portfolio that showcases skills in web and app design
• Strong UX background with user problem-solving approach
• Great organizational skills, work ethic and superior attention to detail
• Effective communication skills (both in conversation and in writing), especially focused on running collaborative workshops and articulating design strategies.
• Knowledge of front-end development (HTML/CSS) and how it impacts design.
• Experience as an illustrator or with motion graphics is a plus
This is a true visual designer- no research candidates. This person will be the final designer to hand everything off to the clients.
There is an upcoming project that is data visualization project- creating and designing dashboards. Experience with this would be extremely valuable.
REQUIRED: Portfolio is required- please provide on the resume.