This assignment is working with the marketing communications group (Marcom) at Aquent's client who is responsible for developing break-through marketing campaigns that incorporate all communications disciplines.
Working with the Interactive Product Launch team, you will work closely with creative and technical disciplines to create considered and elegant design solutions for client's website and other interactive platforms.
The ideal candidate has strong communication and presentation skills, a strong design aesthetic, experience leading a small team of designers and inspires positive collaboration with multi-disciplinary stakeholders, a deep understanding of branding principles, style guides, and systematic design rationale, Photoshop expertise, knowledge of HTML, and exceptional attention to detail.
● High proficiency in the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, proportion, rhythm, emphasis, and unity.
● Ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, creative workplace and to deliver quality design at a high volume in a tight timeframe.
● Photoshop expertise, including intelligently organizing files for design iteration, setting up files for web production, and adhering to graphic design standards.
● Reliable judgment to see when work may be “off track” and initiative to collaborate with others to find solutions.
● Passion for nurturing relationships, mentoring, and rallying teams to align around a vision.
● Ability to articulate ideas and be clearly understood by creative, project management, and development staff, both in verbal and in written format.
● Clear communication and presentation skills that speak to both creative and technical audiences.
● Prototyping ability to convey preferred states, motion, and/or behaviors for interactive concepts.
● Strong understanding of web development, including HTML, CSS, iOS, and other technologies.
● Strong understanding of the client's voice, aesthetic, and tone.
● A minimum of 6-8 years experience specializing in visual design for the web, mobile and/or app design.
● Create original designs that align to project goals and overall creative direction, fluid templates and client standards.
● Collaborate with Art Directors, ACDs, and the larger project team to explore concepts and iterate on design layouts. Anticipate and solve for potential design challenges, as well as existing conditions.
● Prepare for creative reviews by outputting optimized files and presentation materials.
● Guide ideas to meet both creative and business goals within the project scope.
● Present persuasively and clearly articulate design rationale for project creative solutions.
● Consult with technical disciplines to ensure designs work within given limitations, and files are prepared with all necessary information to support the design intent.
● Review final deliverables with an exacting eye, ensuring that layout, images, and typography are flawless.
● Continually seek opportunities to refine design thinking and improve workflows.
BA or BFA in Graphic Design or other related design discipline