Designer, Global Windows & In-store
MUST HAVE STRONG IN STORE AND EXPERIENTIAL DESIGN EXPERIENCE- Fashion Apparel experience preferred, open to beauty/cosmetic and retail
The Designer (mid-senior level) will work closely with the Senior Designer & Art Director from concept through to completion. This person will present thorough and well-developed design recommendations to meet given marketing and business objectives. The Designer will be expected to collaborate with all relevant business partners to create cohesive, effective, compelling window and in-store creative that drive traffic and conversion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop creative for windows and the store environment in a variety of formats depending on the objective and seasonal theme.
• Design marketing materials including in-store signage, window graphics, look books and other collateral as needed.
• Present thorough and well-developed design recommendations to meet given marketing objectives.
• Work from production schedules and status sheets to manage time and prioritize daily workload. Ensure work is completed on time.
• Execute seasonal creative installations for windows and the store environment.
• Prepare Mechanical/Art files for production.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in design or related field, or a demonstrable range of work/life experience
• 2-5 years experience designing for a retail brand or applicable company for window and in-store
• High-level proficiency using Adobe Creative suite
• Knowledge of printing processes, paper stocks, and ability to think in 3D
• Articulate communication skills, especially conveying design ideas
• Strong typographic skills and an eye for proportion and clean composition
• Organized with the ability to manage numerous projects, tight turnaround times, scheduling conflicts, revisions, and technical challenges effectively
• Visual/display installation experience
• Ability to lift 30 pounds and comfortable climbing up/down ladders
• Work collaboratively and independently
• Enthusiasm for the creative and technical processes. Desire to explore, understand and use new software and prop/production/presentation skills
• Successful candidate will be a team player with flexible disposition and an “all hands on deck” attitude
• Natural affinity for the Gap brand sensibility.