• Under the direction of Global Creative group help establish initial processes for a new copywriting department and develop a set of general copy guidelines that speak to tone of voice, messaging, product copy, trademarking and brand standards. Draft guidelines are the extent of this task so that contract writing teams have an interim standard to draw from and write to.
• Develop and write content that is compatible with corporate standards related to style, message and theme and all project deliverables are executed according to these guidelines and departmental best practice.
• Completion of copy decks for all assigned projects and maintain an organized archive of all files produced and edited on the Creative Server.
• Report tasks and status to the Snr Manager of Global Creative Direction (as your direct hiring manager).
• With the support of the Snr Manager of Global Creative Direction, be the integration funnel for all copy needs while partnering with your fellow contract copy writing team to resource and execute the work appropriately.
• Operate as copy editor where appropriate and leverage proofreading services where needed.
• Collaborate with cross-functional and internal creative partners to develop creative storytelling with a consistent voice, and as a result, create original copy across multiple channels, for a variety of audiences in a broad range of output mediums.
• Ensure that all content written is first approved by the Art Director and/or Snr Director before presenting out to other team members, followed by appropriate legal and brand marketing partners/stakeholders.
• Manage written material to format correctly with appropriate medium specifications (e.g. web, email, print etc.).
• Demonstrates global cultural awareness with regard to content crossing global borders and leveraging consultant resources.
• Participate in concept and pitch presentations that demonstrate the main idea through to execution of creative.
Qualifications & Experience Level
• Bachelor degree equivalent education within design/arts field and/or project management
• Combined 10 years work experience in a related apparel, editorial or advertising writing function
• Minimum 5 years experience in an agency or in-house creative department of a branded company
• Experience with a variety of creative and production work streams including print, photography, online/digital
• Experience in a global, branded consumer environment preferred (e.g. consumer, apparel, youth)
• Intermediate level in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Additional Skills & Experience
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
• Creative thinker who can provide a solid portfolio of creative ideas.
• Solid hands-on understanding of digital marketing & CRM technologies & tactics, print, promotions, retail and video storytelling/production.
• Understanding of advertising practices and how integrated marketing campaigns are executed or in-house creative experience.
• Understand how social media can be used to cultivate a brand voice.
• Ability to comprehend logical page structure, readability, visual hierarchy and balance communication copy with visuals/graphics.
• Ability to work independently and autonomously with little supervision.
• Comfortable presenting live to a variety of people of varying management levels – you will not be required to present final content at meetings, however experience with doing so will be highly regarded.
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro and In-Design on a Mac platform is a plus but not required. This position is a 3 month contract, with the possibility for extension on a month-to-month basis.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs