The Senior Copywriter is an innovative, multi-tasking, digital copy specialist who can create engaging and easy-to-understand messaging to complement the user experience. Whether immersive, persuasive or task-driven, these experiences will exceed user expectations and business goals, with copy playing a central role. You will have a deep knowledge of web-optimized copywriting best practices and messaging trends as they span multiple devices.
Collaboration and flexibility are key; you’ll work closely with other UX team members, business owners, developers, marketing and data analysts, researchers, and project management. Ideal candidates will also have a healthy sense of humor, a passion for detail and a healthy sense of when copy should persuade, compel, entertain or instruct. In this position, the ability to take constructive criticism with positivity and aplomb will take you far.
Experience with automotive brands and/or a content management system (CMS) would go a long way toward your candidacy for this position.
• Writing in a compelling, yet easy-to-understand style. Saying a lot in a little space. Tailoring your tone and style to everything from button text to navigational copy to error messages to short articles.
• You CAN say a lot in a few words, right?!
• Thinking tactically about the communication of the page/unit/project overall. Pushing smartly for superior outcomes, with business and monetization goals always in mind.
• Translating strategy, business requirements, research findings and usability best practices into high-quality, customer-centric and customer-validated products, within the brand
• Concepting and eventually executing ad products. Working with ad marketing to respond to RFPs.
• Structuring and adapting content for how users will experience it on desktop, mobile, apps, tablet and understanding user behaviors on these different devices.
• Contributing to user-research prototypes and observing usability studies
• Being the go-to resource for best practices in web content, usability and content strategy. Cascading that knowledge enthusiastically and positively to the team.
• Understanding of dynamic, data-driven experiences and associated technologies across multiple devices and operating systems
• B.A. in English, Communications, Advertising or related field
• 4+ years experience in digital-specific copywriting for consumer web, tablet and mobile applications and optimized sites
• A meticulous eye for spelling, capitalization, punctuation and style, in accordance with brand strategy and style guide
• Online automotive industry experience
• Ability to update content via a CMS
• Knowledge of tagging and taxonomy
• Knowledge of SEO best practices, with the parallel ability to make your SEO-related copy clear and engaging – not just a laundry list of key words
• Experience working in agile development environment
This is a long-term assignment.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs