Our client is a fortune-500 pharmaceutical and consumer products industry leader in Northern NJ. They are seeking freelance as well as contract copywriters to work on an as-needed basis on advertising and marketing promotional materials for their busy and growing in-house advertising agency. To be considered for these positions, you MUST HAVE pharmaceutical/medical experience and MUST know FDA/regulatory processes and guidelines. While you may be able to work remotely on some occasions, our client may require you to come in for face-to-face briefings on the project scopes. If you are interested in this opportunity, please read more below:
• Creates and develops innovative ideas and copy for marketing, advertising, promotional, professional and informational materials for print and multimedia campaigns/projects.
• Collaborates with designers on complex projects, taking direction from management and incorporating feedback into the copy. Ensures all deadlines are met.
• Obtains appropriate source materials, ensuring they contain accurate data/material and that all medical references are correct.
• Ensures all corporate, product branding, Legal, and Pharmaceutical Promotion Compliance guidelines are followed to the letter.
• Establishes clear deliverable expectations with Copywriting Manager/Studio Managers/AEs/Proofreading and negotiates timelines.
• Aids in developing departmental training materials, style guides, and SOPs; helps train/mentor junior staff members.
Skills and Knowledge Desired
• Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills, with an aptitude for creative, marketing and strategic thinking.
• Ability to translate marketing strategy into clearly written content.
• Operates effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; highly organized and multitasks effectively.
• Excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively.
Experience/Position Requirements Desired
• Bachelor’s degree in English or Writing, or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 5 years professional copyediting experience, preferably in the medical/pharmaceutical field.
• Proficiency in AMA style; with experience writing consumer promotional copy; ad agency experience preferred.