** MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA **
A fun and forward thinking retail company is looking for a senior level Copywriter to join their creative team. Copywriters with *agency* experience are welcome! This is a full-time role and relocation expenses to Halifax will be covered.
- Role will be 50% management and directing other copywriters, and 50% IC.
- Collaborating with brand managers and design team, focusing on direction of messaging, helping train copywriters, build out the copy team.
- Think of seasonal stories for brand and product that meet both business and creative goals.
- Work with copywriters from each brand to ideate campaign ideas, ad slogans, influencer captions, website messaging, paid ad copy, etc.
- Support social media team with copy needs and give direction as needed.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience writing blogs, ads, scripts, strong knowledge of what is appropriate for an ad campaign vs packaging.
- Very good understanding of speaking to different audiences and demographics.
- Some management experience.
- Understands short form writing really well.
- Advanced technical knowledge of both grammar and punctuation.
Desired Characteristics & Fit
- Flexibility, willingness, and a go-getter attitude
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A desire to learn and excel
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Able to handle a number of projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with others