Aquent's Fortune500 client in Woonsocket, RI is looking for a Sr. Copywriter for a 5-month contract (40/hrs, 5 days, onsite) with potential to extend beyond.
Develop copy related to Company's Health Retail Front Store Business ~ with a focus on Elevating Beauty. Deliverables may include digital content, email, social media, in-store signage, direct mail, collateral material, in-store radio and other marketing and advertising materials. This candidate will manage and track his/her own copy projects while partnering closely with Designers, Marketing Partners, Associate Creative Director (Sr. Mngr) + Creative Director to ensure compelling voice and brand consistency across retail content. Candidate must have a solid background in Microsoft Office. Must have an understanding of typography and design. Must be well organized and able to communicate ideas clearly among team members and business partners. Must be able to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, and manage multiple projects from start to finish. Must be adept at developing relationships, and communicating with internal and some external partners.
Duties and Time Percentages:
•Partners with designers to develop concepts, writes and edits a wide variety of innovative, on-brand copy across multiple media forms, including print, web, and radio: 60%
2. Works closely with internal creative leaders and team members to develop content ideas, create outlines and write copy for marketing communications programs: 20% 3. Professionally presents copy concepts and discusses strategic thinking behind messaging recommendations in formal meetings with senior and management-level team members. Serves as copy expert, receiving and integrating feedback, during copy review and approval: 20%
5 to 8 years prior RELATED work experience
1. Excellent writing skills.
2. Strong time management/organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
3. Strong verbal communication ability.
4. Solid understanding of marketing communications
5. Knowledge of proper punctuation, spelling and grammar
6. A minimum of 5 years of experience reading and distilling creative briefs for an internal corporate creative team or Creative Agency.
ABILITIES REQUIRED: Collaborative, positive attitude. Independent reasoning ability, strong analytical skills and computer skills. Moderate communications skills, visual acuity at arm's length, the ability to support oneself in an erect position, standing or sitting. An ability to express and exchange ideas by means of the spoken word. The capacity to perform sedentary physical work using repetitive motions. An ability to hear with a low level of background noise. Specialized proficiency with minimal supervision. Leadership and supervision skills, capable of performing scheduling, control and planning and influencing skills. Requires an ability to deal with people, work precisely and possesses strong problem-solving skills.