We are seeking a Senior Copy/Editor for one of our Healthcare clients. This is a freelance role so there isn’t a set schedule. This person will need to be flexible but also able to jump right in and run with a project. This is an offsite / remote position with the exception of meetings. Must be local to the area for occasional meetings.
Provides overall editorial direction to multiple complex marketing projects. The Senior Copy Editor is also a key member of creative concepting teams that help define strategic positioning of marketing materials as well as specific direction and tone. This position helps to build brand awareness and supports marketing strategies to targeted member, consumer, and purchaser audiences.
Ensures the editorial accuracy, consistency, brand and contractual compliance of communications content. This position requires a thorough knowledge of and expertise in applying brand voice to communications. Also establishes editorial standards and oversees copywriting and editorial workflow.
In collaboration with Associate Creative Director, the Senior Copy Editor oversees the editing and proofreading of communications projects through staff and outside resources. Identifies the services of various translator and language translation agencies. Ensures the consistency of Client’s glossary and style guides and trains staff in these editorial standards. Serves as an interdepartmental liaison on editorial functions and standards.
Responsibilities / Requirements:
• Develops content strategy based on a company’s or client’s business objectives and a customer’s or end user’s needs.
• Will oversee content requirements and creating content strategy deliverables (including content audits, gap analyses, taxonomies, metadata frameworks, style guides, content migration plans and editorial calendars) across a project life cycle.
• Must be able to write clear and compelling website content, including articles, product descriptions, online advertisements, promotional copy, e-newsletters, blog posts and podcast scripts.
• Edits and repurposes existing print copy for the Web, and plans and crafts email marketing campaigns.
• Requires strong writing and editing skills.
• Strong SEO and SEM skills preferred.
• Looking for at least 7 years of experience
Top 3-5 Daily Responsibilities:
1. Communication with clients or trafficker
2. Proofing and editing new and existing content
3. Marketing and Member Content
Top 3-5 Required Skills:
1. Expert in MS Office
2. Attention to detail
3. Excellent Communication Skills
***Looking for a seasoned freelancer - may have 0 hours one week and 30 hours the next.***
• We are looking for established freelancers that have other books or business but can also add to their workload.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs