Excellent financial brand in Columbus, OH is seeking a UX Consultant!
User Experience (UX) team is seeking an individual to serve in a client-facing account management capacity. As such, this individual will function as a front line representative of the UX team and principle liaison between a particular set of clients and UX.
In this capacity, this individual will be responsible for consulting with client leaders to clarify, qualify and document requests for UX services, as well as strategize how best to use UX resources, develop project approach/SOW’s documents (including approach, schedule and cost estimates), and coordinate administrative project management logistics – transfer allocation estimates, confirm creation of tracking codes, confirm resource assignments, maintain pipeline intake and resource reports, etc. This person must be comfortable leading and participating in ‘ill-defined’ and potentially ‘ambiguous’ discussions regarding client requests, project objectives, schedules and desired deliverables.
This individual will possess the ability to help clients envision alternative ways of approaching UX design. This individual must possess working knowledge of typical UX processes, disciplines and deliverables including – UX Strategy and generative research methods, Information Architecture and Interaction Design, Visual Design, Content Strategy, Prototyping/front-end development and evaluative Usability research methods. They will also possess both strong verbal and writing communication skills and the ability to explain UX research and design methods. They will understand and be fluent in communicating Human Centered Design (HCD) processes. They will be responsible to ensure that all UX activities/deliverables align with marketing and/or business strategies.
This individual will interface frequently with end clients (marketing, business and/or IT), UX Client Services partners, and UX Resource Managers. In partnership with UX project teams, this role will hold responsibility for client experience and satisfaction.
• Provide strategic UX consulting for clients within the enterprise to help clarify capabilities and identify how UX resources can best be leveraged - ensure UX expertise is used at the right time, in the right capacity, and on the right problem.
• Provide UX capability presentations as needed.
• In collaboration with resource managers, develop statements of work (SOW’s), resource allocation forecast estimates and preliminary project timelines for prospective clients.
• Work with UX Resource Managers to secure project level resource commitments.
• Work with clients to forecast business needs, clarify project requirements and manage expectations.
• Help advance and refine SOW’s through the UX Pipeline intake process.
• Work with project teams to ensure deliverables are aligned with business needs.
• Exhibit pro-active nature in reaching out to client prospects to assess their understanding of UX capabilities and educate them accordingly.
• Qualified applicants will have a minimum of 10+ years in the fields of UX research and/or UX design with proven experience in team leadership and client management/coordination.
• A Bachelor’s degree in relevant UX fields including Computer Science, Human Factors, Industrial Design, Visual Communications Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Information Systems, Psychology or related fields is required.
• Proven ability to set work priorities that meet established objectives, timeframes and accomplish tasks in the most effective manners.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative to solve problems.
• Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams (i.e. product managers, planners, IT, designers, business leaders, etc.).
• Comfortable with ambiguity, poorly defined problems and abstract concepts.
• Comfortable working with little direction.
• Strong problem-solving, decision-making and leadership skills.
• Curious, willing to challenge and skilled at interrogation/asking detailed questions
• Excellence in capturing business goals and working with collaborative teams.
• Experience working in Design consulting, Customer Experience (CX) or Digital agencies is a plus.