Our client, a luxury travel company, is looking for a Senior Communications Specialist to join their team. This role is heavy on Proofreading/Copywriting, and the candidate must be comfortable managing their own portfolio of projects.
Reporting to the Senior Director in Marketing Communications, the Consumer Communications Specialist is primarily a project lead of direct mail. Requires strong proofing skills, excellent product knowledge and extreme attention to detail in order to ensure mailers are current and correct in all applicable areas. Independently manages and prioritizes own workload, setting and meeting deadlines and working positively and proactively with all staff to execute accurate results.
- Project lead on direct mail by overseeing all facets of assigned pieces including the creation of pagination, writing (as needed), trafficking, reviewing, proofing, offer coordination and internal scheduling to ensure accuracy as well as to obtain all necessary approvals. Works with designer and/or production artist on various edits and rounds of pieces.
- Maintains corporate Style Guide in all mailers by reviewing for brand look and feel as well as following appropriate tone in all copy.
- Contributes to the direct mail process by assisting with reviewing, proofing and trafficking of all other pieces that are being project managed by other staff members.
- Provides internal communication about mailers by working with the Yield and Sharepoint teams to confirm details are available for the staff.
- Distribution and archiving of printed pieces
- Independently prioritizes workload using good judgment to meet deadlines
- Minimum 3 years’ experience and demonstrated track record as a project lead in a marketing department or studio.
- Excellent proofreading skills; knowledge of grammar and spelling.
- Scrupulous attention to detail and precision; highly organized with good judgment.
- Able to independently manage and prioritize own workload, setting and meeting own deadlines and working positively and proactively with all staff to execute accurate results while meeting all direct mail deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, “can-do” attitude with tenacity to find out information as well as tactful approach. Proactive, self-starter willing to do what is needed to complete a task, flexible to accommodate changes and able to work highly independently while effectively communicating status.
- Knowledge of MS Office and computer skills adequate to easily execute job tasks; ability to learn additional software as needed to execute position.
- Product and geography knowledge and/or travel sector experience preferred; or ability and willingness to develop highly in-depth knowledge of product at a significant level of detail adequate to effectively review mailers.
- Ability to confidently manage and prioritize multiple projects and tasks with aggressive deadlines.
- Willingness to give and receive constructive criticism.