Direct Hire Opportunity!
Sr. Communications Specialist - Social Media
This position plans, creates, and coordinates communications strategies through social channels. Additionally, this individual will consult with the social media marketers at the other 4 business groups: Hospitality & Real Estate, Decorative, Power Group and Corporate in order to create scalable and compelling social approaches for Kohler Co. Then, ensures the successful integration of these compelling engagement opportunities in to the larger marketing plans and brand touch-points.
- Own the social communications for the KOHLER brand Kitchen & Bath fixture and faucets businesses.
- Leverage a passion for the arts, culture, and interior design to ensure Kohler is continuing to build its expertise amongst its influencer communities.
- Collaborate with Strategy and Account Management organizations to outline a social media strategy and functional approach to measurement.
- Generate and propose social media campaign ideas that deliver on business objectives in collaboration with the Creative, PR, and Strategy organizations.
- Stay current with the digital / social landscape and their technologies and seek out new, innovative opportunities for Kohler Co.
- Work closely with the PR organization to maintain consistency and timeliness with the editorial strategy and keep the appropriate brand voice for all communications.
- Own a monthly editorial calendar for social messaging and campaign integration, communicate the engagement success of the content strategy reflected within the calendar by communicating individual interaction metrics.
- Actively promote corporate understanding of social media with periodic presentations, webinars and onsite visits with Kohler associates and key business partners.
- Manage all relevant social media community discussions in a timely manner, working closely with Customer Service.
- Based on the feedback, provide insights into future programs that would address the greatest needs for the businesses.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably from a top school with a focus in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field.
- Ideal candidate will have 5+ years of related experience in social media or worked at an agency.
- Strong writing skills a must; writing samples may be requested. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint, required.
- Knowledge of blogging software preferred.
- Must be familiar with key social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.) and a curiosity to stay relevant as the social landscape shifts.
- Must have good interpersonal skill and be able to work effectively with cross functional teams. Keen attention to detail and thoroughness required