We have an exciting opportunity to work with a large financial services client located in New York City.
We're looking for a Sr. Communications Associate to work with our clients Benefits Consulting Group.
Are you a creative communicator professional who writes well, thinks strategically and enjoys working in a fast paced environment? Do you like working with clients and colleagues to uncover needs and offer custom solutions? Do you have a knack for collaborating on teams to drive towards the best possible communications approaches?
Our communications team creates strategies, develops content and executes campaigns designed to educate employees at our client firms about workplace changes that directly impact them. We help our clients manage change, promote benefit plans and programs, increase engagement and improve the physical, financial and emotional wellness of their employees. We work in all types of media, from traditional print pieces to website development and design, video production, social media, you name it. In short, we deliver whatever solution works best for each client in a constantly evolving workplace.
A Typical Day for You
As a Communication Consultant, your typical day may include:
• A team meeting to brainstorm strategies to promote a financial wellness campaign
• Coordinating with a print vendor to get out a multi-piece communications campaign
• Submitting a designed e-mail for mass distribution by our Fidelity partners
• Drafting a script for a two-minute video describing a new virtual doctor feature for a client’s health plan
• Research to learn about the latest, most effective communication and social media trends
• Reviewing and suggesting edits to a content draft for a benefits website
• Working with one of our designers to decide the layout of a personalized employee rewards statement
Your Ideal Qualities
This position might be right for you if:
• You’re passionate about new and engaging ways to reach people and achieve goals.
• You like change, thrive on innovation and are always thinking about new and better ways to do things.
• You write well, think deeply, speak authentically and communicate clearly.
• You learn quickly and adapt your thinking to reflect any new information.
• You like to collaborate with others, but can also think and act independently.
• You get bored quickly and are most comfortable in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Getting in the Door
If you want a shot at this opportunity, you’ll need some experience working with others to help solve strategic problems. You’ll need to show us your communication chops, in drafting and editing materials, speaking eloquently with clients and colleagues alike, and a love of “getting the point across” regardless of audience. Your strategic thinking will also be important, as will your obsession with clients and desire to collaborate on the best communication approaches. If your cover letter and resume can show us these things, that’ll help you get in the door.