Job title: Senior Campaign Manager
Reports to: Campaign Head
Contract type: Fixed Term – 12 months
Salary / Rate: £40k
Location: Osterley / West London
Based within our major broadcast client’s main campus in West London where they develop integrated advertising and promotional campaigns for some of the most dynamic and exciting channels in the UK, along with a plethora of internal and external events and presentations.
The department is 330 strong and includes a mix of strategists, creative teams, production, account management, designers and directors. As one of the biggest advertisers in the UK there are opportunities to expand the amount of business that this creative team manages.
You’ll be responsible for delivering marketing communications mainly through print and TV. The Senior Campaign Manager is tasked with ensuring that their projects are managed smoothly from pre brief to air. This will include developing timing plans, running pre-production meetings, handling multiple client feedback and working with their line manager to set up regular reviews of both work and process against agreed criteria. This role is about making things happen as smoothly and efficiently as possible, while having empathy for and understanding of the fact that the creative process is not always logical and linear.
As well as running medium priority campaigns independently, the Senior Campaign Manager will be expected to lead business priority campaigns with ease. These are complex campaigns that can often involve multiple senior stakeholders, tight deadlines, big budgets, multi-media activity and dealing with talent, and the Senior Campaign Manager will be expected to lead these with minimal support from their line manager. You will be expected to solve larger problems on their own before raising any issues with their line manager. You will work closely with their respected Traffic Producer and Co-ordinator, to ensure internal processes are followed for each project. In addition, it’s also important to manage relationships outside of the Creative team to ensure all projects stay on brief, on time and on budget. Therefore, a key part of the role is to develop strong relationships with stakeholders (Marketing, Channel heads, Programme Commissioning, PR, New Media and Media Planning) with the aim to get better work right first time.
You will also have responsibility for motivating, training and developing a Campaign Manager, helping them to hit their KPIs with the aim to give them ownership of smaller projects as well as clear direction when supporting on the bigger projects. In addition you will also be responsible for ensuring the marketing digital 6 sheet plan delivers on time and to brief. It involves overseeing the full schedule across the various channel teams.
The Senior Campaign Manager will report to the Campaign Director
• The role will be responsible for managing the budget for their respective projects and keep their line manager updated, flagging any potential issues in advance and working with Traffic Production to get jobs reconciled as soon as they are completed.
• To be knowledgeable about the detail of their respective channels and teams, being the focal point for communication and information coming into and out of the Creative team, with the aim to help their line manager plan ahead and anticipate upcoming needs.
• To understand and interpret any legal and compliance issues that affect their channels and how to work around them to get the work right first time.
• To initiate discussions about upcoming projects.
• To lead status meetings, write contact reports and be across the commissioning grids/ PFCs/ production slates
• To know when to push back on feedback (internal reviews and external feedback) and when not to
• To work hand in hand with their equivalent Heads of Creative, acting as the figurehead when representing Creative team to the appropriate channels, departments and senior members of staff.
• Liaise with the strategy team to help develop and present pre and post campaign analysis.
• Where relevant, work closely with external companies ensuring communication flow in both teams
• To constantly strive toward continuous improvement in all output/performance on a team and individual basis. To ensure that best practice forms an integral part of operational and managerial objectives.
• To have an entrepreneurial spirit when dealing with challenges and issues.
• To be an ambassador for positively dealing with change within creative team, ensuring that change is seen as a business as usual activity.
• To work closely with all relevant internal departments to the end goal detailed in the ‘Job Purpose’.
Candidate Requirements Essential Desirable
Specialist knowledge Will have extensive knowledge of the creative process and how it works with in a broadcast/ platform operation across all media.
Will have the ability to understand and interpret the brief and judge the creative work against it.
Have to have worked in an advertising agency or broadcast environment Managed function before
Experience of support new business pitching.
Industry experience Likely to be working in a similar role in an agency or another broadcaster. Broad range of planning experience across all media.
Other experience Experience of presenting creative campaigns
Diplomatic communication skills
Experience of crisis management
Managing and training direct reports. Strong presentational skills
Looks to the future. Pro-actively drives breakthrough innovation.
Focuses on quality & service with a desire to ‘Get Things Done’
Inspires with actions and commitment, encouraging the best out of people
Sets the pace and encourages others
Has an entrepreneurial spirit
Shows energy, passion and resilience
Seeks opportunities to collaborate
Treats people with respect and understanding
Values diversity of people and ideas
Positive and proactive
Special characteristics Must be inclusive and foster a culture of openness, involvement and collaboration
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Job title: Senior Campaign Manager