Aquent is assisting our Fortune 500 client in their search for a Senior Buyer to work a 12 month initial assignment. The Senior Buyer leads sourcing events and negotiations and manages procurements for highly visible and high dollar contracts with the goal of protecting the interest of our client. They will also mentor other team members and advocate continuous improvement efforts.
- Ability to support multiple technical categories, across multiple programs and areas of the business.
- Ability to contract at a moderate to advanced level with respect to contractual terms such as IP, data security, LOL, SLA development.
- Ability to successfully lead, manage and negotiate sole source and one of a kind solutions with limited leverage, all Technology agreements, and multi-faceted RFX programs.
- Builds and maintains solid working relationships with internal Customers and vendors for more complex strategic sourcing engagements and negotiations
- Develops internal subject matter expertise for key suppliers to increase efficiency, value, and competitive edge for our client
- Develops sourcing and negotiations strategies and build internal consensus from an enterprise perspective
- Cost Management
- Negotiates and drafts more complex contracts for products and services with the goal of obtaining the best cost and mitigating risk
- Drives and delivers cost savings opportunities to improve profitability and achieve best total cost of ownership
- Uses solid understanding of business requirements to execute the most appropriate agreement
- Leads best practices in Technology Procurement processes to ensure consistent outcomes
- Carries best practices in Technology Procurement processes to project teams and peers
- Advocates SCM processes to internal Customers and suppliers as a means for negotiating deals for consistent and successful outcomes
- Collaborates to drive continuous process improvements to improve efficiencies and add value
- 5 - 7 years SCM/Technology or related field
- Preferred - PMP, Six Sigma Green Belt, CPSM, and/or CTPE
- Ability to perform work duties from desk/office work area for extended periods of time.
- Is effective in a variety of communication settings as well as among diverse styles and position levels, including executives
- Is able to “read” a room and adapt approach in the moment without losing momentum
- Explains value of SCM to stakeholders to gain “buy in”
- Demonstrates ability to challenge and influence at all levels
- Always ensures that the short-term goals are in line with the long-term objectives
- Applies Project Management skills to manage time effectively through organizing work and providing guidance to resolve issues/questions in order to meet deadlines
- Establishes personal best practices to manage responsibilities and advocates a cross functional Team
- Supports and provides help to the Team to ensure accuracy and completeness of tasks
- Handles situations of complexity independently
- Manages challenging, complex agreements, events, and programs
- Proactively uses resources to understand, investigate, and resolve complex issues
- Independently leverages knowledge and experience to accurately analyze situations and makes sound decisions