We’re looking for a motivated, talented and experienced 2D Concept Artist/Illustrator with 3D experience to join our Bellevue, WA studio. Come help us build the best mobile games out there! This individual will work with the art team to create beautiful and engaging characters and environments for our live and in development titles. Our ideal candidate is someone experienced and comfortable with visually designing and creating characters and environments for both 2D and 3D games. Candidates should be experienced with a wide variety of art tools with a strong concept and illustration background, as well as some 3D game production.
• Create high quality 2D concepts, illustrations and storyboards for characters including character turnarounds and animation thumbnails.
• Create high quality 2D concepts, illustrations and storyboards for environments including individual buildings and props as well as scene and lighting and FX treatments.
• Work closely with the Art Lead, Art Team, Designers and our external team to implement and bring the game characters and environments to life.
• Concept and create a wide variety of game ready art assets – characters and environments.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the games industry
• Strong portfolio showcasing your most recent work experience creating 2D and 3D art for games
• Strong background in traditional and digital 2D concept, illustration and design including figure drawing, landscape, animals, painting, composition, perspective
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop for creating original concepts, textures, and assets
• Working knowledge of 3D production needs to facilitate the creation of useful concepts with a proven ability to create high quality 3D characters and environments that adhere to the art direction and style established for the project.
• Ability to work well under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines and follow guidelines, processes, and schedules
• Possess the ability to quickly learn and adapt to art and production pipelines
• Strong communicator who loves the iterative and creative process
• Ability to give and receive constructive feedback from management and peers
• Self-motivated individual with a willingness to continue learning
• Avid user of games on social networks on mobile devices
• Experience with 3D modeling and texturing using 3DS Max
• Experience with Unity
• Experience with social and mobile game development
• Familiarity working with internal and external teams
• Familiarity with SCRUM/Agile development
PLEASE SUBMIT PORTFOLIO INFO with submission
Resume 2D concept work – 2-3+ years – work that’s been used for key art, games, key art, promotional materials and someone with good sense of perspective and figure work. Superhero anatomy or just anatomy in general. 3D production work for 2 years minimum. Could possibly convert with right fit.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs