Sr. Account Managers report into the Managing Director.
Exceptional Project Management skills are required. Sr. AMs will be leading client kickoff calls, discerning what's needed, then managing those projects within the Design Studio.
Sr. Account Manager serves as the primary business contact for the client and is responsible for client satisfaction. The Sr. AM is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to accounts, as well as represent client needs and goals to ensure quality.
Sr. Account Managers must be highly articulate with excellent client facing skills and an ability to manage their own projects from initiation through completion. They must also be able to manage a range of personalities and needs within the Design Studio.
• Experience understanding creative process and design principles (not actual hands on design skills)
• Responsible for all client communications and compliance on client deliverables and budgets.
• Reviews all deliverables to ensure quality standards and client expectations are met.
• Ensures that client issues are dealt with in an efficient manner, informing the Managing Director of any problems that may arise.
• Works closely with The Studio team to maintain a continuous knowledge of project status in order to identify potential issues and/or opportunities within or related to the project.
• Ensures that all processes and procedures are completed, quality standards are met, and that projects are profitable.
• Aware and in pursuit of opportunities for account growth and new business.
• Provides regular two-way communication between the client and team, to provide strong team representation and set proper client expectations.
• Understanding of company capabilities and service, and effectively communicates all offerings to the client.
• Collaborates with Managing Director on problem resolution for Account Managers and client issues
• Monitors billability/productivity of Account Managers and coordinates with the Managing Director to ensure performance targets are met
• Attends and participates in weekly account management meetings
• Promotes refinement of account/project management process where needed and collaborates with the Managing Director to ensure processes are documented and shared within the Studio
• Ability to create cost estimates which the Client approves and the Design Studio adheres to
• Ability to manage several projects at a time
• Able to trouble shoot all creative projects, know when a design isn't working and be able to make suggestions on how to fix the issues.
• Able to direct individual designers and production artists, act as oversight for all projects.
• The position will deal with many different brands and branding guidelines, must have knowledge of all brands and what their unique needs are.
• Act as quality control and gatekeeper for all ongoing projects.
• Able to work with Design Studio, internal and external clients and internal legal teams.
• Review designs from Studio for accuracy, with an experienced eye to design: how the new images were chosen, sized and cropped; the position, size and wrap of copy; colors and fonts within brand, correct card art added, etc.
• Staying on top of Studio revisions, regarding turn around time for revisions and meeting the overall timeline.
• Communicates changes in projects to all parties as appropriate
• Following up with artists to stay on schedule, working with Traffic Manager to get changes made after an artist has left for the day or when the primary artist is over capacity
• Being familiar with the Studio archives, client photo files, and being able to help answer artists' questions.
• Must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
• Proven Account Management skills required in order to create, maintain and enhance customer relationships
• 7+ years of Account/project management experience
• Extremely detail oriented
• Technical competence (understand software, hardware, networks, etc.)
• Motivated, goal oriented, persistent and a skilled negotiator
• High level of initiative and works well in a team environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
• Possess ability to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity to meet deadlines
• Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction
• Undergraduate degree required
• 7+ years of experience working as a project manager within a creative agency environment
• 5+ years estimating, scoping and delivering creative projects
• Candidates will have previous Agency experience or internal design/studio experience on the client side.
• Someone proactive, creative, detailed and outgoing.
• Someone who is open to change in processes and not looking for one way to do things.
• Able to handle working in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
• Understanding of Creative timelines and what it takes designers/writers to complete their work
• Be self-sufficient/proactive, seek out answers to questions
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs