Design and implement technical training plans and programs associated with new role within Engineering & Design and Graphic Information System departments. Design, develop, and deliver training curriculum for new and existing employees transitioning into newly created role. Provide training consultation with subject matter experts to ensure training program delivery achieves desired learning outcomes. Deliver training program to new and existing employees moving into new or changing roles.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (functions with percent of time spent performing function)
• Design, develop, administer and deliver technical and competency related training for new role within Engineering & Design and GIS mapping role within Graphic Information System departments (50%)
o Conduct skills assessments using a variety of survey methods such as training by cell, survey monkey, and level III surveys
o Conduct skill assessments using skill track assessment tool and evaluated development plan content translating PGE standards and business unit work practices into training approaches
o Utilizes Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Evaluation (ADDIE) in curriculum design
• Identify skill gaps by role and develop strategic training plans for new role in Engineering & Design and Graphic Information System (25%)
o Identify proficiency level gaps from established competency profiles
o Identify technology changes and assess training needs to close skill gap needs
o Identify skill refresher needs by role in developing a long term training plan
o Determine long term training needs by engaging leadership in each line of business
• Design and deliver training materials, job aids and knowledge checks using subject matter experts. (25%)
o Identify key work outputs and timelines to successfully demonstrate
o Identify supporting training materials and job aids using subject matter experts for each milestone
o Maintain and administer program
• Responsible for working with business units, management and SMEs to document training needs and scheduling/logistics of training delivery.
• This role will be responsible analyzing current training documentation, materials, and offerings as well as documenting new training needs.
• Collaborate closely with partner change managers and subject matter resources working on similar training for other departments
• Closely partner and operate within strategic initiative’s (Continuous Improvement) change management strategy and established channels
• Plan for, schedule, and facilitate all training sessions
• Develop and utilize training and change measurements and metrics to measure and track the effectiveness of training interventions at individual and organization levels; using approaches including as examples survey feedback, focus groups, 360-degree assessments, and custom designed measures. Interpret change measures and facilitate action planning with clients.
COMMUNICATIONS (description and reason for contacts)
Applicant must have strong verbal and written communications skills. Individual may lead needs assessment, make presentations, provide consulting services and provide reports to all levels of the organization.
External Contacts with:
• Vendors: Contact and evaluation external training vendors
• Training Organizations: Network with various training organizations to identify possible method adaptability.
• External Consultants
Internal Contacts with:
• Subject Matter Experts: Oversee curriculum development identify milestone work outputs
• Managers and Supervisors: Implement new program processes and seek deliverable approvals. Identify training priorities and program feedback.
• Senior Management: Provide sponsor updates on skill track, competency and milestone development
• Project Teams and Key Stakeholders: Obtain work process and role changes to determine skill gaps
CHALLENGES (complexity and diversity of actions)
• Identifying Knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) for future and new roles.
• Ensuring new processes are adapted into daily operations
• Secure training SME resources to develop and deliver training
• Understanding of complex business process and technology to identify role changes
• Support significant organizational change throughout the company
• Working knowledge of adult learning theory, training applications, processes and evaluation techniques.
• Excellent facilitation skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with particular focus on evaluation methods.
• Thorough knowledge of curriculum design and lesson plan development.
• Teaching and training experience required.
• Experience in training program design and implementation
• Excellent organizational skills
• Effective written and oral communication skills. Ability to deliver professional reports and presentations to company management.
• Experience in Organizational Change Management.
• Experience in Project Management
• Typically requires a degree in Engineering, Adult Education or related field with 5-7 years of utility engineering or design experience desired.
• Demonstrated ability in planning, implementing and leading complex projects and teams
• Thorough knowledge of standard PC programs, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Learning Management System and Visio.
• Thorough knowledge Engineering and Design programs including Maximo, Outage Management System, Field Manager, PI Processbook, GIS Web Viewer, ARM Scheduler, Central Config, and PowerPlant
• Knowledge or experience in Engineering and Design workflows.
• Working knowledge and application of all company standards and tariffs, company policy, applicable codes and local jurisdiction requirements
• Working knowledge of transmission and distribution standards and practices
• Working knowledge of PGE’s electrical distribution system
• Working knowledge of National Electric Safety Code (NESC) and National Electric Code (NEC)
• Thorough understanding of PGE safety practices and how it applies to Engineering and Design work and training programs
• Working knowledge of Service and Design Overhead and Underground design and construction practices
• Working knowledge of Electrical Service Requirements
Location: Primary is CCC Wilsonville, secondary is PSC – they will need a car and ability to travel to multiple locations
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs