The Spanish Translator/Linguist will be a member of the Customer Communications and Translations Services Team. This team's core objective is to improve customers' experiences with Chase by ensuring that all translations are the result of a linguistic, contextual, and cultural analysis.
Translation Services Team provides consistent translations that are grammatically correct and contextually accurate. The Translator will be responsible to perform accurate and high quality translations of Chase Consumer and Community Banking Business areas, such as: Digital, Card Services, Mortgage, and Consumer Banking within the fields of: Financial, Communications, Legal, and Marketing (Products and Services). The desired candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment. In addition to translation responsibilities, the person in this position will also play a critical role in maintaining strong controls on all translation projects from beginning to end as well as providing industry expertise to improve our internal translation processes.
• Execution of priority translations in support of Retail Banking Businesses, including legal documents, collateral, in-branch merchandising, servicing communications, direct mail, advertising, and much more.
• Conduct translations ensuring a thorough quality control process that will result in consistent and accurate translations.
• Edit, review, proofread internal and external translations.
• Ongoing management/usage of translation tools including: translation memory, term bases, style guide, glossaries, CAT Tools, etc.
• Act as a subject matter expert in broader discussions about Spanish and English linguistic and cultural specifications.
• Champion good communications best-practices, including message alignment across the organization as well as internally and externally
• Champion translation process improvement initiatives; be innovative and proactive in finding ways to improve current processes to improve customers’ experience
• Liaise with process stakeholders on an ongoing basis to ensure process adherence
• Set and continually manage translation project expectations with team workflow manager
• Provide additional support in the production of internal resources (project descriptions, style guides, training material, Third Party Provider guidelines, etc.) as needed or requested.
- M.A. or Bachelor's Degree in related field: Translation, Linguistics, Applied Linguistics, Communications, Editing
- Native fluency: able to speak, read, and write fluently in Spanish; near native fluency in English required.
- Capable of providing Spanish to English and English to Spanish written and web-based translations
- Experience in financial, legal, marketing, and banking content; emphasis on consumer banking related translation a plus
- Understands cultural context in Spanish and English content to provide relevant translation
- Experience working with CAT tools preferred
- Familiarity with the ‘translation-back translation’ accuracy quality check process
- Detail Oriented
- Must work well with a team of linguists, translators, content specialists, and other partners; able to accept and provide peer review of translation work
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), are required
- Strong working knowledge and diversified experience in operations preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills and effective time-management, organizational, and leadership competencies
- Ability to exercise the skills necessary to identify situations that require attention and resolution as well as recognition of issues requiring escalation to manager
- Translation Certification (ATA, etc.) strongly preferred but not required.
- Successful candidate would be required to obtain the Translation Certification within 6 months of employment with Chase.
- 5 years minimum experience required.