*This role starts as a contract role for 3 months, with the intention to extend indefinitely and has potential to convert to a perm role. Role sits onsite in Wilmington, DE.*
Seeking Spanish Translator/Linguist to join the Customer Communications and Translations Services Team of a global financial corporation.
This team's core objective is to improve customers' experiences by ensuring that all translations are the result of a linguistic, contextual, and cultural analysis.
The Translation team provides consistent translations that are grammatically correct and contextually accurate. The Translator will be responsible to perform accurate and high quality translations of Consumer and Community Banking Business areas, such as: Digital, Card Services, Mortgage, and Consumer Banking within the fields of: Financial, Communications, Legal, and Marketing (Products and Services).
The desired candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment. In addition to translation responsibilities, the person in this position will also play a critical role in maintaining strong controls on all translation projects, as well as providing industry expertise to improve our internal translation processes.
- Execution of priority translations in support of Retail Banking Businesses, including legal documents, collateral, in-branch merchandising, servicing communications, direct mail, advertising, and much more.
- Conduct translations ensuring a thorough quality control process that will result in consistent and accurate translations.
- Edit, review, proofread internal and external translations.
- Ongoing management/usage of translation tools including: translation memory, term bases, style guide, glossaries, CAT Tools, etc.
- Act as a subject matter expert in broader discussions about Spanish and English linguistic and cultural specifications.
- Champion good communications best-practices, including message alignment across the organization as well as internally and externally
- Champion translation process improvement initiatives; be innovative and proactive in finding ways to improve current processes to improve customers’ experience
- Liaise with process stakeholders on an ongoing basis to ensure process adherence
- M.A. or Bachelor's Degree in related field: Translation, Linguistics, Applied Linguistics, Communications, etc.
- 5 years minimum experience required.
- Native fluency: able to speak, read, and write fluently in Spanish; near native fluency in English required.
- Capable of providing Spanish to English and English to Spanish written and web-based translations
- Understands cultural context in Spanish and English content to provide relevant translation
- Experience working with CAT tools preferred
- Familiarity with the ‘translation-back translation’ accuracy quality check process
- Detail Oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), are required
- Strong oral and written communication skills and effective time-management, organizational, and leadership competencies
- Ability to exercise the skills necessary to identify situations that require attention and resolution as well as recognition of issues requiring escalation to manager
- Translation Certification (ATA, etc.) strongly preferred but not required
- Successful candidate would be required to obtain the Translation Certification within 6 months on assignment
- Experience in financial, legal, marketing, and banking content; emphasis on consumer banking related translation a plus