1. Perform planning for space allocations for newly built buildings, remodeled spaces, exterior material/equipment staging and laydown. Planning includes office space, workshop, warehouse and other operational support functions.
2. Evaluate and provide recommendations for traffic flow as it relates to redesigned building layouts. Engage additional resources if needed. (i.e. engineers).
3. Utilize space forecasting information and data provided by Business Development Department.
4. Meet with division/department representatives to gather requirements above and beyond forecasting, to establish space programs that address current and future efficient working environments.
5. Execute plans that increase efficiencies, provide for growth, and allow us to achieve the company’s long-range goals.
6. Design and develop the selected scenarios in preparation for turn over to an A&E team and or general contractor.
7. Communicate and transfer project information to the architectural, engineering and consultant teams so they can prepare construction drawings that accurately reflect the design.
8. Maintain communication between A&E team, Contractor, Facilities Management team and Creative of plan progress.
9. Ensure construction drawings are interpreted correctly so the project is constructed to meet expectations and results in the organization
10. Develop project phasing schedules including people/product moves, construction, remodels and operational flows. Including Tenant exit timing and plans as it relates to leased spaces.
Secondary Responsibilities (Could use A&E Firm or Furniture Vendor for this scope)
1. Recommend interior finishes.
2. Create presentation boards.
3. Develop specifications for commercial furnishings
4. Prepare furniture inventories and creating furniture re-use plans and schedules.
Qualifications of a Space Planner/Interior Designer include:
- Bachelors degree in Interior Design/Planning or like field
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Must be proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Sketch Up, MS Word, Excel, Access, Project and technical documents
- Must have good furniture systems knowledge
- Professional certifications are highly desirable
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs