The Solutions Analyst partners with a Solutions Architect and the Proposals team to design and deliver winning proposals to states and entities requesting high-stakes assessment solutions online. S/he must have a strong understanding of our platforms, features, and functionality that are available to design appropriate custom solutions. Further, the Solutions Analyst acts as the conscience of the technology team and its platforms.
The key responsibilities in this role are to define technical scope and requirements, identify risks and issues, research and review possible solutions, and then present a recommendation to technology and business leadership.
Through his/her collaboration with a Solutions Architect and the Proposals team, the Solutions Analyst ensures that any RFPs for which we bid are aligned to Company goals, current supported technologies, and the product roadmap.
The Solutions Analyst reports to the Vice President, Technical Product Management within the technology team, but works closely with a Proposals Manager, who directs all proposal development activities for an RFP.
Scope & Requirements
• Responsible for analyzing and synthesizing RFPs, drafting summaries, use cases, and any other documentation that makes clear the purpose and intent of the RFP
• Identify scope and nature of work that technology teams would need to complete for successful delivery of an online assessment
• Inform technology teams of required scope, and the feasibility to complete based on teams’ capacity and project commitments
Risks & Issues
• Identifies issues or risks in the RFPs that could result in difficult program implementation or inability to fulfill contractual requirements
• Makes recommendations as to mitigation strategies or not bidding on RFP
• Design and propose technology solutions for custom high stakes assessments
• Provide proposal team with appropriate technical documentation, data flow diagrams, and feature/functionality descriptions as needed to appropriately illustrate solution and technical capabilities to customer
• Develop, maintain, and communicate sprint plans that forecast project start dates based on “what if” win scenarios
• Adhere to Proposal Manager’s due dates for proposal development milestones and final text
Staffing & Budgets
• Identify and propose staffing required to successfully complete development work according to RFP requirements
• Provide budgets that include staffing needs, hosting and maintenance costs, and any new/additional hardware or software
Required Experience and Skills
• Bachelor's degree
• Exceptional writing and oral presentation skills
• Adept with modern technologies and systems (devices, browsers, operating systems, apps, etc)
• 7+ years of experience in software development, SaaS, and Agile-based, product development environment
• Ability to capture business requirements and determine alignment against current features/functionality and roadmap
• Ability to quickly establish rapport and credibility with cross-functional teams
• Strong project management skills; experience with MS Project, JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint, or other project/product management applications
• Ability to manage the writing of multiple RFPs simultaneously
• Demonstrated success delivering high-quality solutions within tight timelines
• Curiosity to keep up-to-date with market trends
• Excellent analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills
• “Can do” attitude
• Willingness to travel up to 25% for customer-facing presentations