SENIOR QA TESTER
Our client is searching for a Quality Assurance Tester (QA). The successful candidate will test software products and try to “break” the game and related development tools. The QA Tester will develop and execute software test plans/procedures, execute test cases, track bugs, review daily builds and identify and provide detailed reporting of issues, attend daily meetings and keep production up to date on potential design issues as well as problems with the build. Candidates should be goal oriented, methodical problem solvers with strong communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Work closely with development team to provide top notch QA support
• Assist in day to day testing of the product and related development tools
• Identify, track and verify the resolution of issues through to the end of the testing process
• Perform daily performance testing and tracking of results
• Clarify issues and provide detailed information when necessary
• Work closely and coordinate with the central QA team in Redmond, Washington
• Assist in the generation and execution of test cases
• Evaluate milestone builds against tests for completion
• Communicate and present QA results and updates to the team
• Participate in daily meetings communicating any changes to the QA team
• Organize regular development team play sessions
• Assist in identifying future QA needs and requirements
• Assist in development of new QA Tools.
• As we build out our QA team, assist in growth and development of QA department and staff.
• 3-4+ year of testing experience in the gaming industry
• Ability to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to write detailed, accurate test plans
• Good understanding of game development techniques
• Methodical, self-starter, proactive attitude
• Ability to stay focused in a high-pressure, team environment
• Ability to manage multiple assigned tasks
• Familiarity/Ability to troubleshoot PC/Console Hardware/Software
• Excellent skills using MS Office (Project, Power Point, Excel) and other relevant software
• Enthusiasm and knowledge of video games and a love for breaking games and fixing bugs
• Experience/familiarity with game development tools (i.e. Unreal, JIRA, Visual Studio)
• Experience/familiarity with automation and telemetry
• Experience using command line arguments and expressions
• Experience with game console certification process and guidelines
• Experience with scripting languages for automation: PowerShell, Python, Jscript is a plus
General knowledge of personal computers, applications software, or operating systems required. Must have the ability to use, at a basic level, word processing and spreadsheet applications. Demonstrated investigative and problem solving skills required. Familiarity with product lifecycle preferred. Must have the ability to learn new information quickly. Bachelor's degree, technical training certification, Associate's degree or equivalent work experience/training required.
JUNIOR QA Testers
o Have a relevant educational background plus 1-2 years of relevant (industry specific) testing experience.
ABOUT THE STUDIO:
A AAA development studio located in downtown Vancouver, Canada, are the official home of one of the top first person shooter franchises and our objective is to forge the future of the IP and push the limits of our client’s entertainment platforms and devices. Our team is comprised of deep creative and technical expertise from our industry’s top shooter and action titles, working cohesively to delight our fan base and shatter expectations of what is possible.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
SENIOR QA TESTER