The Software Project Manager will be responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering projects that provide exceptional business value to users. The SWPM may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple departments.
• Lead large, complex enterprise-level projects spanning all aspects of process and operational improvements including technical and non-technical activities
• Work across cross functional teams to manage a complex project related budget. This includes but is not limited to: resource/cost forecasting, managing project resource burn etc.
• At a team level, playing a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team
• In situations that require a hybrid Agile approach, using good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints
In performing these roles, will be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit large, complex, mission-critical projects and with the appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability.
• Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
• A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies including 8+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams. PMP preferred
• Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
• Experience collaborating multi-function project teams including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
• Balanced business/technical background:
• Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
• Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
• BA or BS or equivalent experience is preferred• Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
• Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
• Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
• Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
• Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
• Agile Project Management tools such as Jira/Greenhopper, Rally, VersionOne or equivalent
• Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
• Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
• Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs