Software Engineer - Essex - £Negotiable
Our client is one of the world's largest car manufacturers. They are seeking a Software Engineer to work as part of a balanced team and collaborate with a Product Owner, Product Manager, and Product Designer to deliver projects and features to support Fleet Telematics based projects.
Role may be based in Essex locations or in East London depending on project delivery team location.
Key Responsibilities: -
- Define, Design, Develop, and Deploy applications/services and proof-of-concepts to support new location-based vehicle features.
- Ensure quality, on-time delivery using agile, test driven development principles.
- Requires working with a Product Manager and Product Designer to shape the technology direction.
- Collaborate with a balanced team of developers to deliver projects/features.
- Span multiple environments (Vehicle, Cloud, Mobile) to support end-to-end feature delivery.
- Collaborate with global, cross-functional stakeholders
- J2EE/Java, Spring
- Spring Boot
- Spring Cloud
- OAuth 2
- Experience with Relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Restful API's
- Experience in messaging software such as RabbitMQ, Kafka (preferred Experience with Cloud environments (Azure/Pivotal Cloud Foundry)
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Agile Methodologies
- Experience with Software Development tools (Backlog Management, Source Code Management, Test Management, CI/CD, etc)
- Experience of paired programming
- Automotive, Aeronautical or a heavy engineering background would be advantageous.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
** ONLY APPLICANTS ELIGIBLE TO LIVE & WORK IN THE UK WILL BE CONSIDERED. Unfortunately we are unable to consider candidates with Tier 2 Visas or those requiring sponsorship.