Overall Role Purpose
Support the development of proof of concept digital solutions and products that have the possibility to transform the business unit and end customer experience. Work on projects and work with third parties to rapidly develop prototype products that meet emerging business needs.
• Develop prototypes and proof of concept solutions that meet a business need using the most current and emerging technologies.
• Work with POC Lead, architects and developers in the business units and with third parties, assisting to provide technical guidance and information on the most current and emerging technologies.
• Support with the engagement of the external start-up community and other third parties supporting the assessment and ultimately adoption of new products or services
• Help to promote new products and the art of the possible, assisting the POC Lead with presentations and webinars to the business units
• Support the horizon scanning activity to find emerging technologies, then work with colleagues to undertake technical and business assessment and recommending the best for inclusion on the digital platform roadmap.
• Support the business units to identity and design the right mix of products or services offered by Microsoft, AWS or others as well as PaaS services developed by the company required to deliver new digital solutions.
• Identify and develop new digital platform services (e.g. API Management) that can help to accelerate the delivery, and drive consistency across the organisation and business unit digital projects.
Job Requirements - Knowledge and Skills
• Demonstrable success operating as a developer for a large enterprise, major consultancy or cloud native integrators.
• Evidence of digital literacy, and capable of effectively engaging with specialists, suppliers and some business stakeholders to define the best approach to digital architecture and design to achieve successful business outcomes.
• Enthusiasm for today’s and emerging technology with an open mind to the future coupled with a desire to help people solve technical problems
• Interest and some experience in an area of cloud based data management, processing or visualisation
• Knowledge and experience of two or more of the following areas: data management, data processing, data storage, analytics, data visualisation, machine learning, IoT, DevOps, functional programming, machine learning, artificial intelligence
• Experience of large enterprise environments including integration of new digital services with traditional systems of record.
• Understanding of Agile Scrum, XP; experience working in an Agile development environment and using collaboration tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Slack, etc.
• Developing ability of communicating complex technical information clearly and concisely to people with or without a technical background with strong presentation and report writing skills.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Overall Role Purpose