This position focuses not only on implementing software solutions for an e-commerce giant but also on being a role model to your fellow engineers. You will get to expand your skills in building highly scalable solutions while influencing others and raising the bar on the overall level of excellence within the team. You will also get the opportunity to serve as a subject matter expert in cross-functional feature delivery.
As an SDE I on this team, you will collaborate with other experienced software engineers to drive improvements to our technology, design and develop new services and software solutions, and build and track metrics to ensure high quality results. You will have the opportunity to work with business partners, leadership and other software developers, influence and drive product vision and lead the design of our systems.
- Provide technical guidance to other team members within area of expertise.
- Review work of peers and more junior developers.
- Act as point of contact for technical issues for specific work streams within a project.
- Implement product features working as part of multi-functional team using agile methodologies, work with QA, DB, Operations, Information Security, Release engineers and Product Owners
- Drive ongoing improvements in application architecture
- Build and design highly scalable enterprise applications
- Mentor junior team members in software engineering methodologies
- Provides work breakdown and estimates for complex software development tasks.
Required Skills and Experience
- Exceptional coding skills in multiple languages (Java required)
- First class communication skills in written and verbal form
- Strong Object-Oriented Programming concepts, data structure, algorithms, and system level programming (including multi-threaded programming)
- Critical thinker, expected to speak out and defend views.
- Experience developing web services
- Experience delivering and supporting highly available and scalable solutions with large transaction volume
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and methodologies
- Very passionate about learning, especially in the areas of technology, service design patterns and system architecture.
- Knowledge of performance testing, application tuning and load testing
- Working knowledge of Agile Software Development mechanics.
- Java Web Application containers (Dropwizard, Tomcat, etc.)
- Java Web Services (SOAP, REST, etc.), protocols and deployment
- Prior background in high volume e-Commerce solutions or other transactional processing systems
- Clear understanding of major enterprise design patterns.
- Thorough understanding of MVC frameworks.
- Clear understanding of dependency injection in web applications.
- Using cloud services (e.g. AWS)
- Testing frameworks (Scalatest, TestNG, Junit and/or Xunit)