A global professional hair care, styling and product brand, has an exciting opportunity for a Community Manager in their New York City office. This community manager will engage on owned social media platforms globally (Instagram and YouTube) and engage with the larger community of hair professionals.
The Community Manager MUST be fluent in English and one of the following languages: French, Spanish, Russian or Italian.
Position assists in the development of loyal followers/fans by providing superior service and responses to all current & new brand users on social media, especially Instagram.
• Grow Instagram audience through active daily community management of channel
• Monitor, maintain and strengthen Matrix brand on social media
• Engage on social media with thousands of professional hairdressers from 52 global markets
• Engage social media community across owned media platforms, and earned
content (UGC) demonstrating a 24/7 approach to responsibilities.
o Answer product usage & technical questions
o Like and engage with existing and new Matrix users
o Identify and engage with Professional hairdressing influencers
o Build social media awareness for the Matrix brands (Total Results, Style Link, SoColor, Color Sync, BondUltim8, Light Master), addressing product point of differences.
o Build social media awareness for the Matrix Color Trends - address techniques, formulas, products & launches through social media community management.
o Keep current with upcoming product launches, brand activity, and
international events, to ensure engagement is accurate.
• Provide feedback from online community on future & existing product portfolio.
• LOVES social media, especially Instagram
• Minimum 2 years in beauty industry
• Fluent in English + one other language i.e. Spanish, Russian, French (Recommended)
• Experience with Matrix product lines (Recommended)
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent writer
• Commitment to personal development
• Professional attitude
• The ability to function as part of a team
• Well-defined organizational skills