Social Media Manager
Contract role based in Reading for 12 months, pay up to £35k pa plus perks
Our Client-a global technology company based in Reading has entered a new realm of being a digital business. A key part of that is the social media strategy and execution, which enables them to be a social business. Digital is driving new terms of engagement. The new customer’s decision journey is transparent and interactive. They, as a brand must continuously maintain relationships with potential and existing customers across a broad ecosystem of digital channels and devices.
The Social Media Manager is a key component within their social media strategy. This role will serve as the voice of their brands to our customers throughout our owned social channels, as well as off owned. This role is responsible for strengthening their Technical Audience relationships online through driving customer engagement to nurture new and existing customers - moving them from awareness through to leads, advocacy and retention.
Our Client’s vision is to enable scalable, and data driven marketing and sales engagement to drive and accelerate lead generation and customer acquisition, through personalised relevant content, experiences and offers to help our customers be successful.
The focus of the role is aimed at the
- IT Decision Making audience such as Infrastructure Specialist/Manager, IT Manager, Datacentre Manager, Systems Administrator and Desktop Managers
- Developers which includes: Web, Mobile and Java
Day to day the role will work in close partnership with primarily the Enterprise product group, marketing managers and analytics team to define and execute a strong social media programme to drive maximum impact and results.
You will also work closely with your peer social media marketing managers to share best practice, align on messaging and audiences to amplify these across the business where relevant.
The social media manager will focus on 3 areas:
- Social Marketing
· Campaign planning and implementation – development of social media content plans, editorial schedules and content creation to meet business outcomes
- Community Outreach/Customer Service
· Social media channel management – responding to and helping our customers as well as identifying prospects / new customers to nurture
· Evaluation - analysing performance, translating data into recommendations and optimising plans, reporting on the effectiveness of campaigns to maximise results
How to be successful
To be successful, you will have proven experience in social media marketing. You will have managed social campaigns from planning to implementation to reporting and be comfortable setting SMART objectives with KPIs displaying the value of social and driving business results.
The role requires you to create and develop social media marketing plans for your community that meet the needs of the product teams as well as managing the end to end editorial schedule which includes flighting of campaigns and content scheduling.
Successful individuals will be comfortable managing a vast array of content related assets. The individual will lead the creating and publishing of content with a clear editorial calendar to manage the content and plan specific timely marketing campaigns to drive new contacts.
This role is suited for a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future customers. The passion comes through how the person engages with customers on a daily basis and is comfortable developing social campaign strategies for converting fans into customers.
We are ideally looking for an individual who has technical audience experience and Cloud/Azure knowledge that can adopt the right tone of voice, leveraging this knowledge to drive impact through the social channels. The person in this role will be a key member of the Intelligent Cloud campaign team, developing and implementing the right social strategies to achieve business outcomes. They will be a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide others on the social plans (ie: content development, creation and editing of content, business results driven).
Key Accountabilities, Tasks and Activities
- Developing social media plans in response to Intelligent Cloud, More Personal Computing and Reinventing Productivity campaign briefs
- Setting SMART social media objectives with goal setting and KPIs
- Creating social content plans based for the three priority areas with the assets available (local and global) and identifying gaps for new social content
- Creating social editorial calendars and schedules and owning the Social Media activity calendar for our technical audiences (planning, ideation, execution & reporting)
- Publishing and posting social content
- Setting up tagging and reporting on campaigns e.g. tracking the generation of inbound traffic to gated content and sign ups, ensuring the end to end customer journey is tracked
- Customer Journey mapping to deliver the best customer journey experience
- Attending key Intelligent Cloud campaign status meetings and sharing back with the business on the social media plans and progress
- Working with the social blog writer to develop long form articles that ladder back up to the Intelligent Cloud content plans
- Manage an active presence on social channels for technical audiences, including listening, posting & responding to our customers / users / prospects
- Create micro content, as well as suggest/plan key social campaign content
- Attending key industry events and leading the social planning to extend the reach & impact beyond F2F
- Ongoing social listening & outreach processes (eg. identify & engage beyond our assets)
- Work with the social media analyst on tracking, reporting, analysis & insight generation for Social Media (eg. what’s working or not, ideas for innovation, where should we invest?)
- Be an expert on Social Technology tools (e.g. Opal, Sprinklr, Simply Measured)
- Identifying wider ecosystem (partners, influencers, industry groups) and managing as part of an outreach program
- Provide ongoing competitive benchmarking, best practices and innovation ideas to team
Deliverables and KPI’s examples:
- Nurture new and existing customers to drive lead generation and customer acquisition
- Grow the size of our “Owned” digital audiences (Fans / Followers / Opt-ins / Influencers)
- Grow engagement and increase volume of conversations/dialogue with our digital audiences (Interactions & Earned Media Value)
- Currently maintain an active presence in online space across a variety of social media platforms (Facebook / Twitter / LinkedIN / YouTube / Pinterest)
- Background & knowledge of Technical audiences inc IT Professionals and Developers
- Knowledge and understanding of Cloud Services and Azure
- Has demonstrated high level of collaboration across multiple stakeholder groups
- Understand how to create brand appropriate voice (non-corporate) which can build authentic, relevant, interactive B2B relationships in social media
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Energetic self-starter, with bias for action and ability to adapt to changing priorities.
- Experience with brand based marketing (ideally Brand Management or agency)
- Commercial communication planning & execution
Preference will be given to candidates who:
- Currently publish a personal blog or other form of digital content on consistent basis
- Demonstrated connection with our primary audience
- Experience with relevant technology & reporting tools (eg. Opal, Sprinklr, Web Trends)