One of our valued clients in the oil and gas industry is seeking a Social Media Strategist for a long term contract opportunity.
The Social Media Specialist will be responsible for executing the Corporate company brand strategy through corporate social media channels by engaging target audiences.
The ideal candidate must be a subject matter expert in social media and possess expert understanding of, and experience with, the social media universe, including traditional channels, emerging channels and communities, blogs, forums, wikis, etc.
The Social Media Strategist function resides in the Communication and Public Affairs department and will contribute expertise and ideas to the overall corporate communications strategy.
This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by the Director, Content Strategy and Digital Media and other management.
• Company knowledge and brand understanding
o Connect with internal subject matter experts, business partners to learn about and gather information on proposed company initiatives, upcoming events and holidays, and discover opportunities to leverage content to promote the company brand on social media.
o Work to understand our company’s brand strategy and business objectives and possesses the ability to quickly learn and articulate a variety of subject areas.
o Build knowledge base of company’s businesses and strategies.
o Consult on the planning of social media tactics for communications strategic plans.
• Content creation, calendar planning and posting
o Create excellent, reader-centric, audience-targeted content for corporate social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
o Coordinate content creation with agency partners.
o Manage and oversee the scheduling of social media posts through the social media content calendar and attend regular content planning meetings prepared with ideas and proposals for campaigns or spontaneous event coverage
o Design basic graphic elements when needed.
• Social monitoring
o Moderate and respond to comments, private messages or any other inbound messages on social media platforms or content management systems, like Sprinklr or Percolate.
• Trend updates
o Proactively research new platforms or trends to identify and report on future growth opportunities.
o Monitor relevant conversations carrying out a variety of analysis to gain customer insights.
o Analyze trending topics to proactively identify opportunities and emerging issues.
o Assist in the research of target audiences through metrics/analytics.
• Performance reporting.
o Develop monthly presentations for Director of Digital Media to communicate content plans in advance of publishing.
o Work with Campaign Strategist to create monthly and quarterly reports showcasing important business and social metrics for presentation to management.
o Champion process and project improvements.
o Demonstrate expertise in presenting social media content campaigns and proposals for those without proficiency in social media. Show ability to illustrate the user journey, demonstrate campaign targeting, mobile presentation, synergies with other digital channels.
Successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
• Positive influence on team members.
• Energy, innovation, and leadership to solve problems.
• Strong level of initiative to accomplish goals efficiently and effectively.
• Share information with team members.
• Act in a positive and professional manner when acting as a departmental representative
• Excellent verbal & written communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be detail oriented and have excellent time management & organization skills
• Superior analytical and problem solving skills
• Legally authorized to work in the United States
• Bachelor's Degree in communications, journalism, advertising, marketing, design or related degree
• At least 3-5 years managing a corporate brand’s social media channels either as a corporate employee or at an agency.
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative, deadline-driven environment
• Experience managing corporate social media accounts whether through direct employment Experience working in and evaluating social media content-management systems like Sprinklr and Percolate.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Proficiency in Photoshop
• Ability to identify critical insights (whether through trends or through hard data) and organize them into actionable plans that can be shared across content team
Preferred Skills & Competencies:
• High-level communications experience in oil & gas industry, or in major company with global reach
• Adept at expertly utilizing all means of communication (digital, written, oral, etc.) for a variety of target audiences
• Experience with HTML3, CSS5 coding, Sharepoint website management a plus.
• Experience with SEO (search engine optimization) and a general understanding of how to use search insights to drive content improvements
• Experience with Google Tag Manager.
• Ability to shoot a video using iPhone and appropriate equipment, and edit into a video package that can be posted on social media
• Ability to take still photos with the goal of creating social media content.
• Proven leadership ability in collaborative, dynamic team environment
• Exceptional work ethic
• Experience managing multiple projects and team members