Our biopharmaceutical client is hiring for a Social Media Specialist in the northern suburbs of Chicagoland. The Social Media Specialist is a key cross-functional member of a franchise team responsible for supporting social media projects across Branded and Unbranded efforts. This individual is responsible for ensuring we deliver an impactful, engaging and insights driven social media plan and optimize the performance of that plan over time.
The SM Specialist will bring Social media subject matter expertise to strategic brand plans and have responsibility for ensuring the Customer Experience is optimized for key stakeholders. This role serves as a business partner in the development and pull-through of a differentiated and insights-driven customer experience to social media channels including paid and owned activities.
The role supports the franchise team by leading the orchestration and alignment of touchpoints across the customer journey. Also, this role will lead and manage both strategic and tactical execution of the social media tactics plan through its entire life cycle in order to increase engagement and key performance metrics aligned with the objectives of the programs set forth.
• Be the ‘subject matter expert’, evangelist, and, marketing point of contact for the brand for both internal and external stakeholders to operationalize the Social Media strategy and tactical execution
• Align with media partners in ensuring success for paid and owned activities
• Align social strategy and direction and develop and maintain long-term product direction.
• Coordinate with strategic agency relationships and maintain consistent communications and alignment against the social media plans
• Support the concept, creative design, development and execution of social media assets
• Work closely with Brand Marketing, Agency partners, data and analytics and other cross functional team members to drive launch and optimization and ensure that value propositions, messaging, and marketing activities address unique user needs/pain points and deliver against the key objectives.
• Monitor the calendar, scheduling and release process and prioritize the placement of new products or enhancements in a release, balancing organizational objectives, product strategy, and market needs.
• Enable new processes that create efficiency and agility and guide marketers and agencies in new ways of working.
• Partner closely with Medical/Regulatory/Legal/Privacy partners to educate, lead and help the client anticipate and balance organizational needs with pilots. Present capabilities and garner buy-in/feedback from senior leadership across various stakeholder functional areas.
• Troubleshoot roadblocks and identify creative and compliant solutions to facilitate forward motion of new initiatives.
• Ability to work and lead independently initiatives without day to day supervision
• Able to prioritize & gracefully manage competing priorities to ensure deadlines are met.
• Collaborative nature and ability to influence and guide cross-functional stakeholders.
• Exceptional functional knowledge and expertise on social media platforms.
• Acumen for how digital agencies operate: scope of work process/mgmt., timelines
• Understanding of new ways of optimizing social media tactics (ie. AB testing)
• Deep understanding of the capabilities and features of social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
• Inquisitive, strong analytical skills, including the ability to infer and apply learnings.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Attention to detail and follow-through on execution.
• Strong project management abilities and critical work tool experience. e.g. Excel, Visio, MS Project, PowerPoint
Key Leadership Competencies:
• Positive “all for one” approach to team deliverables and priorities.
• Builds strong relationships to enable higher performance.
• Learns, fast, grasps the “essence” and can change course quickly where indicated.
• Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
• Creates a learning environment and open to suggestions.
• Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
• Demonstrate a “servant-leader” approach while bringing deep subject matter expertise
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing with seven to ten plus (7-10+) years of Social Media experience.
• Demonstrated experience with start-to-finish planning/executing multi-channel digital marketing/CRM programs and Social Media program management including listening, owned channel development.
• Must have thorough understanding of measuring impact of digital/CRM including social analytics, SEO measurement/management, digital/mobile metrics.
• Must have experience with personalization, 1:1 approaches/data capture techniques (ie. email, addressable media, dynamic web), application of legal/privacy terms & conditions.
• Must have experience identifying and outlining key campaign metrics (KPIs) and building campaign pro-formas/measurement plans/marketing analytics.