The social media producer will generate story ideas, write and edit social media posts, and dialogue with audiences on social media. He or she will also be the point person in the team for tracking analytics, creating weekly planning documents, generating monthly reports, managing file-upload schedules, and maintaining a Google Calendar.
Superb organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail are required.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably related to digital media production, art history, writing, journalism, or a related field.
• 2+ years of professional experience managing social media in a nonprofit or academic environment (in your cover letter, please detail which platforms you have managed and your role in each).
• Demonstrated skill at social media photography (Instagram, etc.).
• Authentic, conversational voice on social media (please provide links or samples).
• Demonstrated blogging skills. Text editorial skills (Chicago, AP) are a plus.
• Photoshop skills (resizing, artful cropping, improving image quality).
• Experience using analytics to analyze and improve the performance of digital content, and creating reports based on those analytics.
• Experience maintaining a content calendar.
• Superb organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Basic knowledge of HTML and WordPress.
• Knowledge of DSLR photography and video, or strong desire to learn.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs