Aquent has an immediate need for a Web Content/Social Media Specialist for a very long term temporary opportunity with a Fortune 500 company in Fort Worth. This is an on-site opportunity. This is not a part-time or remote opportunity. No relocation.
- Work with Web Content & Social Media Manager, Marketing Communications Director, Corporate Communications Director and internal clients to help plan and execute online communication strategy.
- Plan and create approved content for publication on social media channels and websites. This can include: writing articles or posts; taking photos or videos; creating memes; and attending events or visiting facilities to cover a story.
- Complete website content projects and updates requested by internal clients, working with Web Publishing Team.
- Administer social channels and websites, including responding to comments and private messages, updating or deleting content, etc.
- Stay apprised of social media and web trends and best practices and make recommendations to keep online messaging fresh and engaging while achieving business objectives.
- Help monitor and report on online mentions and, when appropriate, help coordinate response.
- Help with statistical reporting of online content’s performance as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in a related field.
- One or more years of experience planning and creating social media and website content in a corporate, governmental, large non-profit or agency environment.
- Strong knowledge of features, best practices and comparative strengths and disadvantages of major social media channels. Current knowledge of social media trends, techniques and technologies.
- Strong online content portfolio required. Demonstrated writing, editing, graphic design, photography and typography skills. Ability to write compelling copy and create engaging social media posts.
- Experience with web writing and expertise in web writing principles as opposed to print.
- Experience working diplomatically with internal clients while maintaining brand standards.
- Experience managing multiple projects on deadline and publishing to a schedule.
- Expertise in Adobe Photoshop and some experience with a range of content creation tools (examples could include Canva, WeVideo, Bitable, Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator, etc.)
- Experience with at least one major social media management platform (examples could include HootSuite, Sprinklr, Social Studio etc.)
- Availability to occasionally work extended hours or on weekends (this is not common).