The Social Media Manager for our healthcare client serves as an expert in social media planning, execution, tracking, and measurement. The position requires a deep understanding of established and emerging social media channels (especially Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn) and their application in the health care industry. The Social Media Marketing Manager will be both a strategic and hands-on player driving all aspects of the social media strategy.
Social Media Strategy
• Defines the social media strategy and role of each social media channel.
• Evaluates the competition for benchmarks and competitive best practices.
• Develops process for amplifying positive doctor, clinic and hospital reviews and managing negative reviews on channels such as Yelp and HealthGrades.
• Builds the social media influence strategy to increase reach and influence throughout the health care community.
• Develops the social media editorial calendar, plan social media activities to drive engagement and collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders.
• Sets and achieves goals for driving social media channel growth (fans, followers), and engagement (eg comments / shares per post)
Publication and Engagement
• Manages day to day social media channels including content creation, performance analytics, and conversation listening
• Proposes creative new uses for social media and engagement opportunities between and the target audience (egg, Live Tweet Chats, Expert Q&As, Event coverage).
• Proactively seeks out, adopt and create compelling, highly shareable content.
• Ensures all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience in all channels
• Responsible for managing social media calendar and maintaining team editorial calendar for home page other sites.
Listening, Monitoring and Triage
• Provides weekly trend report of relevant conversations through social media channels.
• Daily listening for conversations and relevant trends, provides insights to the content development team.
• Monitor daily for negative comments, escalate, and respond accordingly.
• Measures and reports regularly on the effectiveness of content marketing programs and campaigns
• Provides a deep understanding of the audience profile, engagement and opportunities.
• Measure and report on editorial content engagement and trends, and proactively suggest topics and strategies for continual program improvement.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: 7+ years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
• Loves engaging in social media conversations and thinking creatively about new ways to use the medium.
• Strong project management including scheduling and setting deadlines
• Must be a digital native, with strong command of social media and content marketing disciplines
• Self-learner, proactively finds ways to remove roadblocks and seek out information and answers
• Eager to dive in and drive engagement for one of the world’s premier health care brands
• Fluency in developing listening and performance dashboards from tools such as Radian6, HootSuite, and Facebook Insights.
• Always scanning the horizon for new tools and technologies, which may add capabilities to our content marketing efforts.
• Strong interpersonal skills, able to motivate and drive collaboration with other departments and stakeholders without direct authority over those groups.
• Extremely resourceful, able to seek out content and sniff out stories which will help build audience engagement.
• Health care industry knowledge a plus
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs