Do you get geek-level excited about new social media tools and features?
Our client is looking for you! Our clients publishing clients trust us with their personal brands to publish and produce books, courses, events, and membership sites, and to otherwise help represent their brands to the world in email marketing, social media and publicity efforts.
We have a separate publishing and printing team, but on the marketing side we support the authors’ book launches and other content offerings by producing these projects with our collaborative, creative team, doing multiple campaigns at once. There are dozens of details to consider and track for each client.
Our team all works together at our office near the Arboretum. This is NOT a telecommuting job.
What our Social Media Manager should have experience with:
- Managing and leading others on a team
- Keeping up with the latest best practices for social on all major platforms
- Creating, scheduling and managing social media for MORE THAN JUST ONE BRAND AT A TIME, across all major platforms - agency experience is a plus
- Marketing strategy in general-- knows how to create a consistent voice and brand through content marketing and design
- Managing multiple accounts with Hootsuite (or equivalent), Facebook Business Manager and basic graphic design software like Canva, Photoshop, etc.
- Understanding Facebook advertising and how it relates to the content and strategy
- Multitasking skills for multiple concurrent projects
What our Social Media Manager will be doing:
- Strategizing and managing content for our company and its related brands/entities
- Managing our Social Media Specialists to delegate to them and monitor their work
- Coordinating with our authors and our marketing team to build social strategy around books, courses and product launches
- Creating, scheduling and managing daily content for various authors and brands
- Working with Digital Marketing Project Manager to plan out and execute product/book launches
- Working with our media agency team to produce video and other content as needed for the company
What our Social Media Manager will be getting:
- A temporary, part-time role (up to 20 hours/week), working onsite in our office
What our Social Media Manager should be like:
- Great manager of time and people
- Organized and strategic
- Likes keeping up with the latest and greatest in social media
- Obsessed with closing open loops, crossing “T”s and dotting “I”s
- Able to multitask on many multiple projects, clients, and campaigns
- Self-directed and confident
- Fun, friendly, and service-oriented
- A fast learner who can figure things out
- Hardworking, clever, and scrappy!