Our client is looking for a Social Media Manager to join our dynamic team to support marketing strategy and on-site event marketing communications at their live events.
This is a full-time position and reports to the Marketing Director. The role requires 25% travel, but please note that at times it will seem like more or less, depending on event schedules.
The Social Media Manager is the owner of the company's social media strategy: developing brand awareness, generating inbound traffic and catalyzing product adoption. This role coordinates with the internal Marketing, Sales and Customer Service teams to support their respective missions, ensuring consistency in voice and cultivating a social media referral program.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of working in a creative / marketing environment with at least five years of social media experience. They will be well versed in strategizing, planning and executing world class social media outcomes across multiple platforms. They will be able to use their social media experience to foster daily brand touch-points with raving fans while expanding our brand reach to new audiences. This candidate thrives on detail and effective execution with the ability to adapt to opportunities and needs that arise.
This position requires someone with a strong eye for design, plus the ability to write and communicate in a consistent brand voice. They must have extraordinary organizational and communication skills and understand the way marketing and sales impacts people behaviorally and emotionally.
- Recommend and implement the social media strategy, coordinating with stakeholders across the Company to ensure its effectiveness and encouraging adoption of relevant social media tactics into the corporate culture and into all of the company’s products and services.
- Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day activities. Duties include online advocacy, blog and podcast content distribution, basic copywriting, community-outreach efforts, promotions, etc.
- Manage brand presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and other similar community sites, and seeding content into social applications as needed.
- Become an advocate of the Company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Community management of the company's private Facebook Groups for events.
- Manage a blogger outreach program and build an active brand ambassador network to spread the word about the Company.
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs; analyze, review and report on effectiveness of campaigns to maximize results.
- Regularly provide insights gained from social media monitoring to the Marketing and Sales teams to help them evolve their strategies in a timely fashion.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, trends and applications.
- Capture and post real-time content, onsite at events.
- Minimum of 5 years social media management experience
- Track record of success growing social media followers across multiple channels
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Instagram Stories, YouTube, etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios
- Knowledge of blogging ecosystem relevant to the Company’s field
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format to build and maintain relationships
- Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
- Have a good knowledge of principles of SEO
- Public relations, Marketing, Sales, Community Management experience a plus
- Proficient in a social media management platform (e.g. Sprout Social, Hootsuite, or Buffer)