We are looking for someone that has experience working with multiple brands in the social media marketing space. Must be well-organized, a strong communicator, client-facing, rock-star that bleeds social media marketing. We are growing and need someone that can hit the ground running!
Candidate will oversee Social Media campaigns which include but are not limited to: research, campaign & content creation, execution, monitoring and reporting. Knowledge of some SEO best practices is also helpful but not a requirement (we can teach) as it is correlated to items we do in the social marketing and SEO space.
• Fosters partnerships with Social Media Teams
• Oversee social media support for operations and talent
• Create white papers and research that demonstrates thought leadership
• Partner with digital and broadcast news leadership to develop specialized social content strategies to scale
• Provide weekly and monthly company-wide social media performance metrics
• Manage day-to-day and mentor social media coordinators.
• Able to work early mornings, late nights and weekends as needed to help cover major stories
Required Qualifications & Experience
• At least 5 years of social media management experience, ideally in a newsroom
• Extensive experience with social media platforms, preferably in an editorial context
• Deep understanding of social media analytics
• Well versed in social media measurement, including CrowdTangle
• Adept at explaining student loan content, and refinance student loans
• Ability to explain complex topics clearly and concisely to a variety of teams
Desired Characteristics & Fit
• Foster great partnerships with our newsrooms.
• Passion for innovation at the intersection of social media & local journalism
• Basic knowledge of content management systems (CMS)
• Positivity, creativity, and a passion for collaboration in a team environment
• Pulse on Social Media best practices
• Attributes: creativity, prioritization skills, positive attitude, flexibility, being a team player.