The ideal candidate: You’re gifted at everything from marketing major events (e.g. VidCon) to translating standard press releases to crisis response into 140 (ok, maybe 280) razor-sharp characters. And you live to make ‘em laugh. Candidates for this role should have fantastic creative instincts and judgment to help discern what fits into the strategy and voice, and what doesn’t. You'll be an exceptional copywriter, working closely with a designer and an analyst to develop insightfully conceived, nimbly developed and beautifully crafted content.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Curate daily editorial content and pitch social activations for, showcasing the best of our brand and content creators. Includes searching for and discovering relevant content, writing copy and collaborating with a designer to create posts.
- Manage our community, listening out for and responding to conversation where they have an opportunity to be useful, charming or delightful.
- Carefully consider the role of our community in response to real world events, breaking news or topics where our brand values are under threat. (e.g. Pointing users towards essential videos in the midst of a natural disaster, to supporting communities whose freedoms are at stake, etc.)
- Real time, you’ll analyse how our followers are responding to content and identify the things they really care about. You’ll also stay ahead of broader social media trends, such as memes, conversations, movements or formats, and consider the applicability to the creator community.
- Work with analytics lead and agency on measurement framework to accurately define and track a healthy and engaged community, converging what’s happening on Social with business metrics. Identify trends within our community and across social, and how to capitalize on them for our audience.
- Demonstrate to our creators why we have the best platform for them, and in turn, make a highly engaged, must-follow account
- BA/BS Degree, ideally in English, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in marketing working on social campaigns
- Exceptional social writing skills, and strong editorial POV on what’s right for brand/voice.
- Experience managing social media communities on networks such as Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Hyper-knowledgeable about Internet culture, and an avid expert user of social media.
- Experience managing the day-to-day social presence of major consumer brand, developing content and programming to bring its values and mission to life.
- Ability to analyze data, identify trends and present key findings (both quantitative and analytical skills) and then apply to future programs.
- Excellent project management and multitasking skills, working in a fast-paced environment.
Nice to Have: