The client is a private foundation that drives large-scale change by investing in, connecting, and celebrating social entrepreneurs and innovators who help them solve the world’s most pressing problems. They are looking for a Social Media Coordinator to join their team for 2-3 months onsite in Palo Alto, CA for 30-35 hrs/wk.
You will report direclty to the Marketing Communications Manager.
The Social Media Coordinator will provide support across a range of team functions, and drive the implementation and measurement of digital/social media campaigns; development of campaign-related content; and monitoring global news and trends, including traditional media and social media listening.
- Implementing and measuring impactful social media campaigns both led by the client's company and in collaboration with social entrepreneurs and partners. Track, analyze, and report campaign metrics and qualitative outcomes.
- Execute on the day-to-day digital community engagement and activation tactics (Facebook, Twitter)
- Managing the client's social media accounts—sharing news, social entrepreneurship trends, and developments across key issue areas; amplifying voices of social entrepreneurs; and supporting partner campaigns.
- Monitoring the Foundation’s and social entrepreneurs’ visibility and appearance across news and digital/social media, sharing and curating relevant news with staff and the larger
- Conducting news/zeitgeist tracking, including monitoring developments in social entrepreneurship and key verticals/issue areas, breaking news, and trending topics, while identifying key influencers for future engagement and activation.
- Implementing and measuring successful social media campaigns for comparable programs or organizations (particiularly Twitter and Facebook)
- Digital marketing/communications role, working on digital marketing and campaigns, online community engagement, social media, and analytics.
- A passion and/or interest in social impact/social change
- Proficiency with digital/social media publishing platforms (i.e. Hootsuite)
- Working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- A proactive, "can-do" attitude
NICE TO HAVES:
- Digital analytics and reporting, including Google Analytics, social media metrics, and news tracking tools
- Website content management system skills (WordPress) and design software (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
If you're interested or know someone who is, please apply now or email me directly with your updated resume, samples of social media campaigns, hourly rate, and availability to interview/start!