Social Media Community Manager
· Rate : £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
· Contract to start ASAP
· Contract will be until 30th June 2016
Our Global Technology client is entering a new realm of being a digital business. A key part of that is there social media strategy and execution, which will enable them to become a social business. The new customer’s decision journey is transparent and interactive and as a brand must continuously maintain relationships with potential and existing customers across a broad ecosystem of digital channels and devices.
The Social Media Community Manager will serve as the voice of their brands to our customers throughout our owned and 3rd party social channels. The community manager is responsible for strengthening relationships online through innovating with content and taking engagement to the next level.
The focus of the role is aimed squarely at the IT Pro audience which includes: Infrastructure Specialist/Manager, IT Manager, Datacentre Manager, Systems Administrator and Desktop Manager.
Day to day the role will work in close partnership with the DX editorial team, Evangelists and Marketing Managers to define and execute a strong social media programme to drive maximum impact and results. You will also work closely with your peer community managers, social media marketing managers, product teams and other groups to share best practice, align on messaging and audiences (for example some DX content will be interesting to the SMB audience and vice-versa) and amplify those messages across the business where relevant.
The Social Media Community Manager will focus on 3 areas:
• Strong social media channel management – leading with creation and curation of innovative micro-content to grow the audience base and exceed engagement levels
• Work with the channel editors to drive the voice of the brand outside our owned channels (i.e. 3rd party channels) – building the ecosystem and working with the Evangelists and PR to solidify influencer contacts
• Leverage social media listening to inform content and engagement strategy
How to be successful
To be successful, you will have proven experience in social media marketing. You will have managed social channels and executed a robust and impactful programme that drove audience, engagement and business results. Successful individuals will have high energy and passion and a commitment to delivering excellence, as well as a pulse on social trends and a hunger to innovate. Ideal candidates will be flexible, adaptable with a friendly, open and informal writing style as well as a ‘can do’ attitude and great cross-group collaboration skills. It is a dynamic, fun & fast environment, full of challenge for those eager to grow & learn, and significant opportunity for those who are keen to progress.
Key Accountabilities, Tasks and Activities
• Manage an active presence on all social channels for your audience/s, including listening, posting & responding to our technical audience, seeding content into new channels and sections of the audiences
• Owning the Social Media activity calendar for your audience/s (including planning, ideation, execution & reporting) working closely with the DPE Editor to ensure message alignment
• Create micro content, as well as suggest/plan key social campaign content
• Be the main point of contact for social media for your audience across the business – you own how other company groups engage with your audience/s
• Ongoing social listening & outreach processes (e.g. identify & engage beyond our assets)
• Participate in subsidiary editorial governance meetings and take a lead on agreed area for the group
• Work with the social media analyst on tracking, reporting, analysis & insight generation for Social Media (e.g. what’s working or not, ideas for innovation, where should we invest?)
• Be an expert on Social Technology tools (e.g. Visible, Sprinklr)
• Identifying wider ecosystem (partners, influencers, industry groups) and manager as part of an outreach program
• Provide ongoing competitive benchmarking, best practices and innovation ideas to team
• Responsible for social media coverage at 1st and 3rd party events
• Providing input on new communities/forums etc. we should be at or engage with and advising on the best ways of engaging with them
• Providing input for new 3rd party channels where we can engage in more traditional marketing activities as well as social i.e. potential high traffic sites for paid media, advertorials, events etc.
Deliverables and KPI’s examples:
• Grow the size of our “Owned” digital audiences (Fans / Followers / Opt-ins / Influencers)
• Grow engagement with our “Owned” digital audiences (Interactions & Earned Media Value)
• Increase value of digital audience to brand (Awareness, CPE, Increased product purchase)
• Show how social media helps move the audience through the journey from discovery to advocacy
• Currently maintains an active presence in online space across a variety of social media platforms (Facebook / Twitter / Linked In / YouTube / Pinterest)
• Background & knowledge in B2B technology and the business’ product offering
• Demonstrates high level of collaboration across multiple stakeholder groups
• Understands how to create brand appropriate voice (non-corporate) which can build authentic, relevant, interactive B2B relationships in social media
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Energetic self-starter, with bias for action and ability to adapt to changing priorities.
• Commercial communication planning & execution
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Social Media Community Manager