We are recruiting for the contract role with our technology Client based in Reading.
Pay up to £200 a day
The Social Media Analyst is an established key role that contributes to the success of the company UK Digital Team. The team itself sits within the Central Marketing Organisation (CMO). The purpose of the role is to develop and provide social media insights and recommendations for key stakeholder groups across the company. The role will support the Digital team to prove the business value of social media, provide robust insight of social trends, campaign activity, conversations & themes and help to deliver best practice across the business.
Critically, this role is providing insight but also stakeholder interaction. Critical success factors are live/quick time changes as a consequence of the data/information rather than purely a reporting function. In addition you will be charged with continually optimising listening ability, identifying areas to support our engagement strategy and help teams understand what they can learn from social to inform future strategy.
The role will focus on several key areas:
• Setting up, managing and optimising social listening posts for key areas of the business with a view to providing quick time analysis and insight to inform business & marketing planning and decisions
• Managing the analytic and insight requirements of the business – audience, product and campaign and report on topics/trends surfacing in the Social Media channels
• Reporting on owned social media channel performance and provide recommendations for optimisation
• Support the content-led marketing approach by providing insights into topics, performance and formats that will achieve the best impact
• Providing additional support to non-planned items, such as PR issues, product outage situations
How to be successful
Successful individuals will have an excellent eye for detail with analytics, but more importantly be able to translate this into insights in order to be able to advice the team on enhancements and optimisations in order to increase the impact and ROI of our activity and campaigns
Candidates will need to be strong communicators who are comfortable to report findings and present recommendations
Team/ Department Mission
The UK CMO team is responsible for delivering B2C & B2B marketing programmes in the UK in order to drive key marketing goals to meet our overall business objectives and UK country requirements
We manage a significant number of global super brands -one of the most exciting brand portfolios available to any marketer.
The CMO team aspires to best-practice marketing, in pursuit of world-class status – through innovative campaigns, ground-breaking creativity, rigorous results analysis, and thorough consumer insight. We are a multi-award-winning team receiving ongoing recognition from the industry, with a successful track record in innovation & creativity.
The team is an active participant in the UK Marketing industry, with team members who sit on industry bodies, judge marketing awards, and speak regularly at external events. We continue to be a sponsor of the Marketing Academy, now in our third year, which demonstrates our commitment to developing future Marketing talent in the industry.
It is a dynamic, fun & fast environment, full of challenge for those eager to grow & learn, and significant opportunity for those who are keen to progress within the organisation.
Key Accountabilities, Tasks and Activities
• Lead the ongoing effort of social – defining processes to identify engagement opportunities and workflow solutions
• Help the community managers identify wider ecosystem to engage with through social listening (partners, influencers, industry groups) and manager as part of an outreach program
• Analysis & insight generation for Social Media channels, content and campaigns (e.g. what’s working or not, ideas for innovation, content performance, where should we invest?)
• Participate in subsidiary editorial governance meetings and present findings/recommendations
• Reporting regularly on the performance of owned social channels
• Be an expert on Social Technology tools (e.g. Brandwatch, Sprinklr, Simply Measured)
• Provide ongoing competitive benchmarking, best practices and innovation ideas to team
• Strong analytical skills
• Background in social media, analytics and optimisation
• Energetic, with bias for action and ability to adapt to changing priorities
• Good understanding of the wider digital marketing environment
• Background & knowledge in B2B technology
• Has demonstrated high level of collaboration across multiple stakeholder groups
• Excellent communication skills
• Capacity and desire to evolve technical analytical skills e.g. using social channels’ analytics APIs