Client: Advertising/Marketing Agency in Los Angeles
Duration: 3-4 months, full time hours, onsite
Do you have a passion for market research and consumer insights? Are you a quantitative and qualitative storyteller? Can you present to a team and turn research into actionable insights?
If the answer to all the above is “yes”, then we want to hear from you!
This role will sit within our Measurement and Insights team while also working closely with the client services and strategy teams to help discover consumer insights, develop communication plans, and measure ongoing social media campaigns for a global entertainment brand.
- Measure the impact and return of social media on overall Marketing and PR efforts
- Develop quantitative analyses, custom models and ad hoc reports to effectively monitor performance, trends, and opportunities within social media channels and PR activity
- Work with client and account teams to define KPI’s for success and track against them and implement measurement programs to address client KPI’s
- Help to identify novel and cutting edge, relevant applications for social media program measurement and bring those applications to the forefront for consideration of their fit within our company’s measurement repertoire
- Work with account teams to provide analysis of social landscape and audience buzz volume, frequency, velocity, demographics, and related dimensions
- Work with social media and digital leadership to help evolve agency metrics processes and techniques
For new business, build social and digital metrics analysis into pitch proposals for new clients.
- Train and oversee account team members to assist in analysis or data gathering
- Participate in a nation-wide measurement task force and continue to establish and support an agency-wide measurement approach
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to implement social media campaign tracking and reporting
- Researches, interviews, writes/ edits/ updates reports for clients about trends, issues and opportunities in measurement trends and technology
2-6 years’ experience including site side and social media related analytics
- Site side analytics experience with using GTM to build out tracking
- Comfortable building out and testing custom campaign requirement
- Ability to build out campaign support with paid media integration
- Experience measuring and monitoring social media and creating business insight for how these analytics can be applied to social, digital, and PR strategies
- Strong analytic skills both quantitative and qualitative
- Strong critical thinking skills, writing skills, communication skills, consulting skills, and ability to work within a team
- Knowledge of advanced social media analysis tools required.
- Self-starter, with strong ability to initiate projects and see-through to completion
- Experience using social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, blogs, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to create analyses that move beyond an explanation of ‘what happened’ to ‘why it happened’ and ‘what should be done’
- Ability to identify/clarify campaign objectives and lead the development of KPIs that address these objectives