Social Media Account Executive - London - Up to £40K DOE
Our client is a the UK's premier Anglo-Chinese Digital Marketing Agency. They combine their passion for geeky analytics with great creative to tell compelling stories. The digital scene is eclectic and evolving. We’re immersed in this world. They know the right touch-point for their client's projects.
Their client list boasts some of the world’s most recognisable brands, from household names to plucky challengers. On their behalf, they work across the full spectrum of marketing, communications and advertising. Whatever the business, from sports to fashion, or FMCG to cultural institutions, they help their clients find an audience, to grow their market.
Their continued growth in the UK and China creates immediate new opportunities in our client services team.
The Chinese population is the largest online audience today and we want to hear from you if you are energetic, committed and eager to create, deliver and learn with us.
- Social media communications - you will be responsible for the day-to-day preparation and publishing of a number of social media accounts. You will plan ahead lining up the right people and resources to ensure work is of the correct standard, on time and within budget to meet with internal and client approval.
- Content management – you will monitor and moderate these same social media presences with attention to detail, a sense of caution and impeccable brand tone and written communications. Ideally, you will demonstrate trustworthiness to stimulate discussion, respond to queries and drive engagement amongst online communities.
- Organisation and multi-tasking - Highly organised, you will support your line manager in the planning and delivery of multiple, parallel work streams. These will include but not be limited to presentations, social media reports, research, events and estimates for clients. You will police any approved work, pushing it through milestones, deadlines and budget constraints. Knowledge of project management tools/systems is expected.
- Team support – You will display your team player mindset and work alongside your line manager (a senior account manager) to track, analyse social media data and draw actionable insights. You will learn from them and in turn test new strategies and content before analysing the results, writing up commentary and providing concise, actionable recommendations to your client that the company can implement.
- An understanding of PR a bonus – a wider interest and knowledge in the digital PR industry from trends to tactics would be a bonus. A sense of dynamism and proactively combined with a confidence to contribute small but informed and researched ideas to support client opportunities on social would be greatly welcomed. You may be expected to work with external PR teams and manage influencers.
- Assist the Senior Account Manager (SAM) in account management through attention to detail, perfect client communications, internal team organisation for the delivery of best-in-class work, ultimately leading to repeat briefing and retainer relationships.
- Relieve the workload of the SAM with day-to-day information, organisation and population of presentations, reports and quotes.
- Ensure that there is a clear actionable plan on TeamworkPM that tracks work against agreed short and long term goals.
- Be the day-to-day guardian of projects once in delivery mode to ensure client satisfaction by meeting deadlines and budgets without compromising on quality of work.
- Some experience in project managing social media campaigns for multiple clients.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media. (Give links to profiles/pages as examples).
- Displays understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Weibo, Wechat, Facebook, Twitter etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Displays outstanding presentation skills, confident and succinct.
- Native English speaker.
- Fluency in a second language or understanding of Chinese or Cantonese a huge plus.
- Flawless written and verbal communication style.
- A patient but passionate disposition.
- 29 days’ annual leave.
- Workplace pension, life insurance and PHI.
- Phone insurance, cinema and restaurant discounts, childcare vouchers, cycle scheme and more.
- Comfortable work environment - snacks and drinks, birthday/Christmas/Chinese new year gifts, company lunches.
- A genuine commitment to your learning & development.
- You will be working on great clients with equally smart and passionate people.