This company's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether they're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at this company are builders at heart. Their global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, helping people build stronger communities — and they're just getting started!
Our client is looking for a Social Marketing Manager to lead key work streams within the Global Social Marketing team within their marketing org. This is a 7-month maternity cover, from June-January 2019. A doer with proven experience leading projects and cross-functional projects, you will work with multiple internal partners (Marketing, Comms Planning, Insight & Analytics, Comms (PR), Product Marketers, Partnerships) and external vendors (creative agency and our moderation partner). You will focus on delivering successful community content both on and off platform, as well as building external fame and visibility for our initiatives.
The successful candidate will be expert at relationship building: open, tenacious, curious, and a community champion.
- A champion for social marketing strategy, making sure that our editorial focus is protected and promoted.
- An expert in understanding what works for the social media community, making sure that the content we develop has the greatest impact and resonance.
- Experience developing creative content for social channels. Experience of working with creative agencies a must.
- Experience in creating content from strategy through to ideation and production and overseeing campaign launches and reporting.
- Building reach and exposure for our content, both on-platform and off:
- Internal - forging strong cross-functional relationships to get support and endorsement.
- Partnering with Comms Planning on effective distribution strategy.
- Partnering with publishers, media owners and influencers to collaborate on FB's social marketing program.
- Understanding and experience of creating content for all major social platforms (YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn).
- Experience working with community management partners or vendors specializing in moderation.
- Experience working with research partners and analyzing cultural, community, media and market trends to inform strategic and creative development for content.
- 7+ years experience working in a social marketing focused role within a company or at a creative, content or social agency.
- Ideal background in account handling or strategy.
- Experience collaborating within dynamic and matrixed organizations.
- Analytical and data-driven.
- BA/BS degree preferred.