Overview of the role
As Senior Brand Journalists you will be taking creative comms and editorial projects from brief to completion. As writers, all of our Brand Journalists love storytelling and the dramatization of the subject matter, and they work closely with other studio leads on the planning and style of content to ensure they are delivering against the relevant objectives. with your input and leadership.
You will be a highly motivated writer focused on digital and social assets and campaigns, online advertising and short and long form content. You’re able to lead, not just be led, and enjoy taking ownership and responsibility for projects. You need to be a team player that would enjoy sharing their knowledge and experience.
You will take the lead at concept development of creative ideas and the development of editorial projects together with a conceptual designer, ensuring consistency with the overall brand and marketing strategy, and represent best-in-class execution whilst still being very hands on. And as such, the team will look at the Senior Brand Journalist as a Brand Guardian and Tone of Voice Champion on key accounts.
- +7 years of commercial and editorial writing experience
- A portfolio demonstrating your ideas through concept to execution
- A passion for digital trends and online interactions
- You'll have a deep affinity with FMCG (including foods, refreshments, home care products and personla care products), writing content and ideas-generation.
- A team player with a client centric focus and possess the ability to build strong and effective working relationships
- writing for short and long form content, scriptwriting, digital and social advertising
- brand development, content for social media and a range of responsive web projects.
- client facing presenting and taking client feedback directly
- building client trust is key as to producing better work and it’s essential to drive to our growth and success.
- To provide mentorship and expertise to the on-site team at client side across projects you will be involved in
- Work with and mentor brand journalist to grow and develop copy skills further
- Brand guardianship on key accounts
- Presenting your work internally and to clients and manage workloads within agreed timings
- Proactive and solutions-focused - this is a must!
Skills needed Copywriting and Concepting
- Show strong conceptual thinking and writing prowess for digital and social design projects
- Implement existing Tone of Voice on projects
- To deliver branded advertising and promotional copywriting solutions across all platforms, including digital advertising, social media and owned branded platforms
- The ability to work under direction and using your own initiative
- Develop a deep understanding of target audiences and brands’ positioning and goals and the clients’ marketing strategy to deliver high quality results that have an instant, positive impact on the consumer, promoting the category, product or brand.