Our client, a Global eCommerce Company, is looking for a Site Merchandising Manager!
Must Haves (top 3-5 tangible skills/experience with/specific tools or technology that are required to perform this role):
- 4+ years project management experience
- 3+ experience running in reporting and performing analyses and site optimization
- 4+ years site merchandising experience with a solid understanding of ecommerce best practices in PDP, category optimization, taxonomy, and on-site marketing
Plus (what experience you ideally want, would make a candidate stand out, or would be nice to have but not required):
- proven to be very thorough and detail oriented; someone who has experience in project documentation and workflow management and can meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- strong interpersonal and communication skills; can communicate across all levels in the org.
- solid understanding of key ecommerce technologies and
Day to Day (often these are included on your made-up job description already):
- Own merchandising of assigned categories, primarily focusing on Technology, Electronics, and Office division
- Provide support and implementation of merchandising solutions while demonstrating up-to-date expertise in Site Merchandising best practices.
- Provide daily oversight of positioning and promotion of core products and new products.
- Lead various category and campaign strategies and develop execution plans to drive the business, visual merchandising while highlighting trends, promotions and member needs.
- Optimize the online shopping experience to increase conversion through site presentation and product merchandising by looking at sales & web analytics, online shopping best practices, and competitive landscape analysis.
- Analyze data quantitatively and use member research, data and metrics to back up assumptions, identify opportunities, and assess the efficacy of various programs, existing site taxonomy, and functionalities.
- Work with multiple cross-functional teams which include, but not limited to: the analytics teams to understand member behavior, creative team to drive visual strategy, user experience and engineering to ensure best-in-class shopping experiences, and various marketing teams to drive site traffic through external marketing efforts.
- Identify and establish department-, category-, or campaign-level key performance indicators (KPIs), benchmarks, and forecasts
- Influence cross-functional business leaders in establishing business objectives and goals
- Model compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
This person will report to the Sr. Site Merchandising Manager.
The role will manage various categories within the Technology, Office, and Electronics (TEO) category.
This role will not have any direct reports.
Any specific projects or initiatives this candidate might be involved in:
- Execute on high profile brand partnerships and on site experiences; collaborate with various suppliers in Tech in partnership with the Online Media Program team to monetize site placements.
- Manage category-specific campaigns and programs with the TEO department
- Optimize category and taxonomy experiences, focusing on the TEO departments bread and butter: the TV business.